Lesson: The future language.
Aim and tasks of the lesson:
-to practice writing an essay using the 7-stage process; to practice expressing opinions and giving supporting evidence; to learn a writing process which pupils can use in all their school subjects, not just English.
-to raise pupils’ interest in learning foreign languages.-to develop pupils’ reading, writing and speaking skills.Putting into practice the technology of educational process:
The type of the lesson: giving a basic information
The method of the lesson: group-working, analyzing, learner-centered method
The form of the lesson: working in individual,
working in pairs/small groups
The equipment of the lesson: textbook, dictionary, tape recorder, flash cards,
pictures, video, tests, etc.
The procedure of the lesson:
1. Organizing moment:
2. Checking of homework: be ready to write an essay.
3. Explaining the new theme:
Activity 2.Collect some facts to support your view.
e.g. How many people in the world speak Chinese, Spanish, English as mother tongue, English as a foreign language- and compare them.
1. Which is the world’s most widely spoken language?
2. How many people speak English as a first language?
3. In which countries is English used as a mother tongue?
4. How many people speak English as a second language?
5. In which countries is English used as a second language?
6. How many variants of English do we have?
1. English. one fifth of the world’s population can speak some English. However, Chinese Mandarin is spoken by about 837 million people
2. More than 400 million people.
3. These are the most important countries: The USA, Australia, the UK, the Re
public of Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada.
4. around 375 million people use English as a second language or an official language, meaning that English is the language used in documents and in business.
5. In former British or American colonies, like India, the Philippines, Barbados, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda and Botswana.
6. A few examples are Japlish (English in Japan), Singlish (English in Singapore) and Hindlish (English in India).
Activity 4.Plan the language you will use.
Activity 5.Write your first draft.
Region: Spain, Latin America, Equatorial Guinea.
Native speakers: 470 million.
Official language in: Spain, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Chile, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Paraguay, peru, Argentina, Venezuela, etc.
Native speakers: 75 million. 338 million total (L1 and L2 speakers).
It is an official language in 29 countries such as: Belgium, Cameroon, Canada, France, Madagascar, Monaco, Switzerland, Algeria, and others.
Native to: Countries of the Arabic league, Mali, Niger, Chad, Senegal, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Iran, Turkey, etc.
Native speakers: 290 million.
Official language in 27 countries as: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, etc.
Activity 6.Read and check it. Ask yourself:
Is it logical? Are the ideas in a suitable order? Do you need to give more evidence? Have you repeated any ideas?
4. To strengthen the lesson:
Activity 7.Give your work to a friend to check.
6. Marking the pupils.
Муниципальное бюджетное общеобразовательное учреждение городского округа Балашиха "Средняя общеобразовательная школа №23 с углубленным изучением отдельных предметов"
Учитель английского языка Худойназарова Нафиса Нарзуллоевна.