Unit: 1. Communications.
Lesson: 5. Letters.
Aim and tasks of the lesson:
-to talk about different kinds of written communication and to recognize common phrases used; to raise awareness of the differences between formal and informal language; to practice reading and recognizing grammatical, lexical and cohesive links.
-to teach pupils to respect each other.-to develop pupils’ speaking skills.Putting into practice the technology of educational process:
The type of the lesson: giving a basic information
The method of the lesson: conversation, matching
The form of the lesson: working in individual,
working in pairs/small groups
The equipment of the lesson: textbook, dictionary, tape recorder, flash cards,
pictures, video, tests, etc.
The procedure of the lesson:
1. Organizing moment:
2. Checking of homework:
3. Explaining the new theme:
Activity 1 a.
Objective: to practice asking and answering questions.
1. I have a computer at home, and we have computers at school.
2. Yes, I do/No, I don’t. Yes, I can work with a computer/No, I can’t work with a computer.
3. Yes, I do/No, I don’t. Yes, I use e-mail/No, I don’t use e-mail.
4. Yes, I do. I use the Internet when I need some information.
Activity 1 b.
Objective: to reinforce the meaning of the new words; to prepare for the lesson.
Answer key: 1. C 2. D 3. E 4. B 5. F 6. AVocabulary:
E-mail- Post box-
Letter Fax machine-
4. To strengthen the lesson:
Activity 2 a.
Objective: to raise awareness of the function of common phrases used in letters.
This is a normal matching activity. Ask pupils to write the answers (or the beginning of the answers) so that they will be easy to check.
2. making reference to something
3. explaining the reason of writing
5. giving good news
6. giving bad news
7. showing it is the end of the letter
8. referring to future contact
2. Thank you for your letter of 22 September…
3. I am writing to tell you about …
4. I apologise for …
5. I am pleased to tell you …
6. Unfortunately …
7. Please let me know …
8. I am looking forward to seeing you …
9. Yours sincerely …
6. Marking the pupils.
Муниципальное бюджетное общеобразовательное учреждение городского округа Балашиха "Средняя общеобразовательная школа №23 с углубленным изучением отдельных предметов"
Учитель английского языка Худойназарова Нафиса Нарзуллоевна.