Итоговая контрольная работа по английскому языку для 9 класса
Прочитайте текст и выберите вариант ответа, соответствующий содержанию прочитанного текста.
I. Paul McCartney is one of the greatest stars of the twentieth century. Paul comes from an ordinary family, but he is now the third richest man in Europe. His musical career has lasted for nearly forty years and today he is one of the world’s most famous musicians.
II. He was born in Liverpool, England, on 18th June 1942. He started to play the guitar seriously when he was 14. When he was 15 he met and formed a band with another boy from Liverpool, John Lennon. This was perhaps the most important point in his life. Formed around the nucleus of Lennon and McCartney, who first performed together in Liverpool in 1957, the group named the Beatles grew out of a shared enthusiasm for American rock and roll.
III. Both Lennon, a guitarist and a singer, and McCartney, a bassist and a singer, were largely self-taught as musicians. Precocious composers, they gathered around themselves a changing cast of accompanists. The Beatles soon rose to fame in England by producing recording of original tunes and also by playing classic American rock and roll. After their appearances on British television, British newspapermen coined a new word – Beatlemania. For the next ten years the group was the symbol of youth movement.
IV. In 1972, after the Beatles had stopped performing together, Paul McCartney formed a new band, Wings, but it was never as successful as the Beatles and it broke up after seven years. Through the 1980s McCartney worked on his own. In recent years Paul has written classical music and has worked on films. He also opened a stage school in Liverpool. In 1969 he met and married Linda Eastman, an American-born photographer, who also became a famous personality. They had children and a happy life together for many years, but Linda died in April 1998. McCartney’s daughter Stella who graduated from College of Art and Design in London in 1995 rose quickly to the forefront of the international fashion world.
V. All the members of the Beatles remained famous after the band broke up, but only Paul managed his musical talent in so many different ways. He is still writing both pop music and classical music. Paul McCartney is not only one of the best songwriters and musicians that Britain has known, but he is also a personality that no rock fan will ever forget.
A1. Paul McCartney is one of the top British celebrities because
1) he is a multimillionaire.
2) he is one of the Beatles.
3) he is an outstanding composer.
A2. Being a self-taught as musician, McCartney
1) knew little about music composition.
2) relied in his own intuition and talent.
3) imitated the works of other composers.
A3. The word Beatlemania denotes
1) a specific type of music.
2) the attitude of millions of fans.
3) a behaviour not typical of youth.
A4. The Beatles became idols for generations because
1) they were young people themselves.
2) their behaviour challenged the established norms.
3) they played a kind of music never played before.
A5. McCartney commands respect due to his
1) charismatic personality.
2) charitable social work.
3) contribution to pop music.
Выберите правильный вариант перевода в соответствии с содержанием текста.
A6. This was perhaps the most important point in his life. (II)
1) Это, вероятно, был самый важный пункт его биографии.
2) Возможно, это был поворотный пункт в его жизни.
3) Возможно, это было важнейшим событием в его жизни.
A7. Precocious composers, they gathered around themselves a changing cast of accompanists. (III)
1) Будучи композиторами, талантливыми от природы, они собрали вокруг себя сменный состав аккомпаниаторов.
2) У обоих было природное музыкальное дарование, и они собирали вокруг себя постоянно меняющийся состав исполнителей.
3) Одаренные композиторы, они собирали вокруг себя изменчивую группу аккомпаниаторов.
A8. Through the 1980s McCartney worked on his own. (IV)
1) В течение 1980-х гг. Маккартни работал на самого себя.
2) В 1980-ые гг. Маккартни работал над своими собственными проектами.
3) В 1980-ые гг. Маккартни работал самостоятельно.
Выберите один из функциональных синонимов, подходящих по смыслу.
A9. She felt so tired and … that she wanted to cry.
1) alone 2) lonely
A10. When Juliet died her … Romeo died too.
1) favourite 2) beloved
A11. He wanted to be … with her, to defend her against the world.
1) alone 2) lonely
A12. My cat’s … place is a big armchair near the window.
1) favourite 2) beloved
A13. Isaac Newton was a … scientist who discovered the law of gravitation.
1) well-known 2) distinguished
A14. This murder is … for his terrible murders.
1) famous 2) notorious
A15. It’s one of the best ballets; it owes its success to the wonderful … of its dancers.
A16. I know that he is double-faced, he is always playing a double … .1) game 2) play
Прочитайте приведенный ниже текст. Преобразуйте, если необходимо, слова, напечатанные заглавными буквами в конце строк, так, чтобы они грамматически и лексически соответствовали содержанию текста.
School Then and Now
Parents and teachers are always making B1 __________________ between the time COMPARE
when they were children and the present generation. They say everything was better than it is B2 today, especially in ____________. EDUCATE
For example, they say they used to work B3 much _______________ in school, and HARD
that nowadays, we aren’t very interested. B4 I ________________, because we spend AGREE
hours every day doing homework after our lessons or revising for examinations. I wonder if our parents really had to study so much after school every day. B5 In me opinion, it is no _________________ EXAGGERATE
to say we have forgotten how to play. B6 I think one reason why kids ___________ in BEHAVE
class is because they need to get rid of stress. 4.Выберите верный вариант ответа.1. Emily's grandmother Olga was in church.
a) She never misses a Sunday service, (воскресная служба) b) She works there.
2. Emily's cousin, Lucy, was at the school.
a) She is in Grade Six. b) She wanted to talk about her son's marks.
3. Diana's father, Kenneth, was at the hospital,
a) He's ill. b) He visited a friend.
4. Emily's uncle, Terry, was in prison.
a) He went there to visit a friend, b) He's there because he did horrible things.
5. Emily's youngest sister was in bed.
a) She was sleeping, b) She was sitting.
5 Вставьте артикль the где необходимо.
1. I live near ... church. ... church is very old.
2. Mr Smith is at... hospital now. He wants to talk to his son's doctor.
3. You should come to... school, Mrs Brown. We need to talk about your daughter.
4. The robber was caught and went to ... prison.
5. She was sitting on ... bed reading a book.
6. ... dinner is served.
7. 1 never have ... breakfast. I'm not hungry in the morning.
8. ... dinner we had in that cafe was disgusting.
9. Let's have ... lunch in the garden.
10. It was ... best dinner I've ever had.
6. Вставьте глагол make или do.
1. I'm busy. Tomorrow I'm going to ... a report.
2. Why are you ... so much noise? What's the matter?
3. What does she ...? She is a doctor.
4. Kate must ... up her mind quickly. The train is leaving.
5. Do you ... any sports? Yes, I ... aerobics. And you?6. Have you ... your homework? — Not yet.
7. Could you ... me a favour and ... the shopping for me?
8. I have ... the same mistake again. Mom is going to nag me for a week!
9. She ... up her mind to become a teacher.
10. He has ... a lot of mistakes in his test.
7. Соотнесите слова с переводом.
1 a historical film a) драма
2 a fantasy film b) Культовый фильм
3 a horror film c) Приключенческий фильм
4 a science fiction film d) Документальный фильм
5 an animated film / cartoon e) триллер
6 a war film f) блокбастер7 a western g) боевик
8 a children's film h) сериал
9 a soap opera i) мюзикл
10 a comedy j) мультфильм
11 a classic k) Классический фильм
12 a musical l) Фильм о любви
13 an action film m) Фильм ужасов
14 a romance n) вестерн
15 A thriller o) Исторический фильм
16 An adventure film p) фэнтези17 A documentary q) Фильм для детей
18 A blockbuster r) фантастика
19 A cult film s) Фильм о войне
20 A drama t) комедия
8. Выберите правильный вариант ответа.
1. The official name of America is
a) the USA or the US b) the USSR c) the UK
2. The capital of America is
a) New York b) Boston c) Washington, DC
3. America was discovered by
a) Vasco da Gama b) Ferdinand Magellan c) Christopher Columbus
4. The Native Americans were
a) Indians b) Celts c) Mexicans
5. American money is
a) euros and cents b) dollars and \ cents c) pounds and pennies
6. In America the official language(s) is / are
a) English b) English and French c) English and German
7. Hollywood is
a) the capital of the USA. b) a world famous resort, c) the capital of world movie production.
8. Disney, Universal, Fox, Warner Bros, Paramount, Columbia and MGM are the names of
a) the most successful companies in the world, b) famous people, c) the largest film studios.
9. Скажите верно утверждение или нет.
1. ESB stands for the Empire State Building.
2. The Empire State Building is the tallest building in the world.
3. It took less than two years to build the Empire State Building.
4. The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center were destroyed by terrorists.
5. The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center used to be the tallest buildings in New York.
6. Washington stands on the River Thames.
7. DC stands for the District of Columbia.
8. Washington is named after the second President of the USA.
9. 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500 is the address of every American president.
10. It's not possible for an ordinary person to go inside the White House.
11. The FBI building is in New York.
12. The first American flag was created by the Pilgrims.
13. The first American flag was designed by the author of the Declaration of Independence.
14. George Washington designed the first flag.
15. There were thirteen stars and thirteen stripes on the original US flag.
16. The stars and stripes used to symbolize the first thirteen states.