Итоговая контрольная работа по английскому языку 5 класс к УМК “Enjoy English”
I. Task 1: Read the text and do the following tasks
My neighbour Jason is a baker. He is very busy. When he is not at the bakery, he is out having fun. Every day Jason wakes up at 5 o’clock in the morning. He has breakfast and then he rides his bike to the bakery. When he gets there, he starts to make bread. His work is very hard. He works until 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Then he goes back home where he has lunch and rest for a while. In the evenings he sometimes goes to the cinema or meets his friends. On Wednesday he always does the shopping. On Sundays he always wakes up late and then reads a book or works in the garden. He usually goes to bed at 11 o’clock at night.
baker – пекарь, булочник; bakery – пекарня, булочная
Task A: Mark the statements as T (true) or F (false)
My neighbour Jack is a baker.
Every day Jason wakes up at 6 o’clock.
When he gets to the bakery, he starts to make biscuit.
On Wednesday Jason always does the shopping.
On Sundays he always wakes up early.
Task B: Answer the questions
Where does Jason work?
How does he get to his work?
What time does he finish his work?
When does he do his shopping?
What does he do on Sundays?
II. Task 2: Choose the right form of the verb
1. She ___ milk every morning. (drinks, drinking, drank, will drink)
2. We ___ to the park now. (goes, are going, has gone, will go)
3. The woman ___ shopping yesterday. (goes, is going, will go, went)
4. She often ___ her red dress. (wears, is wearing, has worn, wear)
5. Look! The cat ___ up the tree. (climbs, has climbed, is climbing, climb)
6. They ___ to the theatre every Sunday. (go, went, goes, are going)
7. Father already ___ these newspapers. (will read, has read, reads, is reading)
8. I ___ a letter at the moment. (write, am writing, writing, wrote)
III. Task 3: Choose the correct answer
1.It would be ___ to get there by bus.
A)good B)the best C)better
2.Summer is ___ season of the year.
A)more beautiful B) more beautifully C)the most beautiful
3. Dan wants to be ___ player in the team.
A)the best B)better C)a more good
4.Today is ___ than yesterday.
A)the most coldest B) the coldest C)colder
5.This house is ___ than that one across the street.
A)higher B)more high C)the most high
IV. Task 4: Write tag-questionsI go to school every day,
He is a good student,
We will take part in a sport competition,
Tom played tennis yesterday,
V. Task 5: Match the numbers with the letters
1. V, Vs a) Future Simple
2. Ved, V2 b) Past Simple
3. am, is, are + Vingc) Present Simple
4. have/has + V3 d) Present Perfect
5. will V e) Present Continuous
VI. Task 6: Make up the sentences
1) a, I, goldfish, have.
2) he, two, has got, bananas.
3) uncle, my, has, a, bicycle.
4) you, may, cassettes, have got.
VII. Task 7: Put the following verbs: do, does, am, is or are
1. … you sleep well? Yes, I …
2. … your sister wash the plates? Yes, she …
3. My sister … playing chess now.
4. Mary … not drive a car.
5. Children … not doing their homework now.
6. I … watching TV at the moment.
VIII. Task 8: Choose the right answer
1. When was … Tower of … London built?
a) the, the b) the, - c) a, the
2. … Big Ben is … popular symbol of … London and … UK.
a) -, a, -, the b) -, the, -, the c) the, a, -, -
3. Tourists from different countries like to take photos in … Red Square.
a) - b) the c) a
4. They know our … address.
a) an b) the c) –
5. This is … soup. … soup is so tasty.
a) a, the b) the, the c) -, the
6. She has … ball. … ball is … big.
a) a, the, - b) -, the, a c) a, the, a
7. We always go to … Russian Museum on … Sunday.
a) the, the b) the, - c) -, -
8. I can see … pencil on your … table, but I can see no … paper.
a) -, -, - b) a, -, - c) the, -, the