Повторительно-обобщающий урок в 11 классе по теме “Jobs”
Учитель английского языка
Барыкина М.П.ГБОУ СОШ 1243
I A lead-in
In pairs, discuss these questions :1.Which professions are the most popular today?
2.What attracts people to this or that career?
3.What facts should people take into consideration choosing a career?
One of the students summarizes the ideas.
II Listening MacMillan
Exam Skills for Russia
Сборник тестов для подготовки к ЕГЭ по языку
Стив Тейлор – НоулзTest 11 p. 127 tasks A8-A14 (multiple choice)
You’re going to hear Patricia Pointing talk about her career as a tennis umpire. Choose the best answer: 1) , 2) or 3) for each question A8-A14.
The teacher plays the interview twice.
1.Do you agree with Patricia that there is a down side to every job?
2.What are the advantages and disadvantages of different jobs?
In groups of four: List several things that can help a person to succeed in his career.
One of the students summarizes the views.
Read the article about Oprah Windfrey, one of America’s most popular celebrities , to see if your ideas are mentioned.
(“Matrix” Анлийский язык. Учебник для 10 и 11 классов.
Kathy Gude, Jayne Wildman, Elena Khotuntseva p.73)
2. Read the article again, then match headings A –G to paragraphs 1-6 in the text. There is one extra heading you don’t need.
The teacher elicits the answers.
V Speaking (The whole class)
1. What things helped O. Whinfrey to reach the heights of her profession?
2. Who are the most well-known women in Russia?
3. How common is it for women in Russia to work and bring up a family at the same time?
4. How difficult is it to balance work and family at the same time?
5. What is more important to have a happy family or to build a successful career?
IV Homework As a result of our discussion write an essay of 200-250 words on the topic: «Some people think that for a woman it is more important to have a happy family than to build a successful career»