Контрольная работа. 9 класс.
I. Complete the sentences using the articles a or the where necessary.
… famous architect M. Kazakov designed beautiful buildings for Moscow.
The leading London orchestra is … Royal Philharmonic Orchestra or the PRO.
Classical music is played in … Royal Festival Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall.
… Ronnie Scott’s Club is a well-known jazz street.
Andrew Lloyd Webber, … English writer, wrote very successful musicals such as “Cats”, “The Phantom of the Opera”. … Webber’s musicals are very popular and have very good actors.
… St. Petersburg’s ballet is famous all over the world.
One of the most important rock events was … Woodstock, Music Festival in 1969.
The first night of … Sergey Prokofiev’s operas is coming, at … Bolshoi Theatre.
D. Shostakovich was a pupil of … famous composer, Al. Glazunov, Shostakovich liked … Glazunov’s music.
Alexandra Pakhmutova, … popular Russian writer of songs, is very successful.
II. Open the brackets using the correct verb form expressing the future meanings.
– I hope I (have) time to go to the concert.
– I think you (be able) to buy tickets tomorrow. The box office (open) at 9:00 a.m.
– I’m sure you (enjoy) the concert. This group is very successful.
– (Go) with me?
– No, thanks. Next week I go to the rock concert. I think I ( like) it. I like rock music. I hope my favourite group (be) there. They (enter) the top rock chart at the end of the week.
– We are both waiting for great concerts. Next weekend we (see) each other I think and change our impressions.