Контрольная лексико-грамматическая работа для 10 класса
Установите соответствие между темами A-H и текстами 1-7.
Places to stay inE. Camping holidays
Public transportF. Contacts with neighboursCultural differences G. Different landscape
NightlifeH. Eating out
1. Sweden is a land of contrast, from the Danish influence of the southwest to the Laplanders wandering freely with their reindeer in the wild Arctic north. And while Sweden in cities is stylish and modern, the countryside offers many simpler pleasures for those who look for peace and calm. The land and its people have an air of reserved calm, and still the world’s best –selling pop group Abba, which used to attract crowds hysterical fans, come from Sweden.
2. Historically, Sweden has interesting story. Its dealing with outside world began, in fact, during Viking times, when in addition to the well-known surprise attacks of the near by lands, there was much trading around the Baltic, mostly in furs and weapons. Swedish connections with the other Scandinavian countries , Norway and Denmark, have been strong since the Middle Ages. The monarchies of all three are still closely linked.
3. Sweden’s scenery has a gentler charm than that of neighbouring Norway’s rocky coast. Much of Sweden is forested, and there are thousands lakes, notably large pools near the capital, Stockholm. The like side resort in the centre of Sweden is popular with Scandinavians, but most visitors prefer first the Baltic island. The largest island, Gotland, with its ruined medieval churches, is a particular attraction.
4. Sweden boasts a good range of hotels, covering the full spectrum of prices and standards. Many of them offer discounts in summer and weekends during the winter. In addition, working farms throughout Sweden offer accommodation, either in the main farmhouse or in a cottage nearby. Forest cabins chalets are also available throughout the country, generally set in beautiful surroundings, near lakes, in quiet forest glades or on an island in some remote place.
5. Living in a tent or caravan with your family or friends at weekends and on holiday is extremely popular in Sweden and there is a fantastic variety of special places. Most are located on a lakeside or by the sea with free bathing facilities close at hand. There are over 600 campsites in the country. It is aften possible to rent boats or bicycles, play mini –golf or tennis, ride a horse or relax in a sauna. It is also possible to camp in areas away from other houses.
6. Swedes like plain meal, simply prepared from the freshest ingredients. As a country with a sea coast and many fresh water lakes, fish dishes are found on all hotel or restaurant menus. Top-class restaurants in Sweden are usually fairly expensive, but even the smallest towns have reasonably priced self-service restaurants and grill-bars. Many restaurants all over Sweden offer a special dish of the day at a reduced price that includes main course, salad, soft drink and coffee.
7. Stockholm has a variety of pubs, cafes, clubs, restaurants, cinemas and theatres but in the country evenings tend to be very calm and peaceful. From August to June the Royal Ballet performs in Stockholm. Music and theatre productions take place in many cities during the summer in the open air. Outside Stockholm in the 18th- century palace there are performances of 18 th-centure opera very popular with tourists.
2. Вставьте необходимые предлоги.
1. Are you interested .......... going to Greece with us?
2. I couldn’t live .......... travelling.
3. A telephone is .......... talking to people who are a long way away.
4. I am used ......... drive in London.
5. Since then she was really afraid ........ all dogs.
6. He has already been spoken ...........7. Who was America discovered ......?8. The lift got stuck ........ two floors of the hotel.
9. Let’s meet ........ Tuesday.10. At that moment a man entered ....... the room.
11 I didn’t take part ...... the meeting.
12 What’s the easiest way to get ...... Bristol?
13 Can you repair my watch if I live it ..... Saturday?14. I woke up several times ...... the night.
15. What are you watching .....? “A bus”.16. He left for America in 1980, and he hasn’t been heard ....... since.
17. She’s easy to work ...............18. I’ll see ...... next Sunday.
19. Could you translate this ...... English.20. I went to see my father ....... France.
3. Выпиши лишнее слова в соответствующую строку справа. Если ошибка отсутствует, поставьте прочерк.
A0 Last summer I spend ten of days at a fantastic A0 of
A00 hotel on the island of Jamaica. A00 -
A66 The Jamaica is an exotic island in A66 A67 the Carribean. The name of the A67 A68 hotel was called “Island Fun”. It certainly A68 A69 was fun. I meet a lot of young people. We A69 A70 went for swimming every day and dancing A70 A71 every night. My room was as large and A71 A72 decorated in a typical island style. A72 A73 The walls were painted with white, the window A73 A74 and door frames were being painted a magnificent A74 A75 blue and all the furniture was made up A75 A76 of hand-carved wood. The hotel also had A76 A77 a lovely dinning room, delicious food on, A77 A78 and a bar on the roof. It A78 A79 was the most best holiday I ever had and I am A79 A80 planning to go to Jamaica again the next summer too. A80