Контрольная работа Module 4 по теме: “Earth Alert!”.
A) Match the words to form the phrases:
energy a peelings
power b transportation
global c station
excessive d habitats
vegetable e heap
compost f consumption
conservation g effects
negative h warming
modern i packaging
wildlife j programmeB) Use the phrases in Ex.1a to complete the sentences below.
1) The invention of _____ has created a lot of traffic congestions.
2) Temperatures are rising all over the planet because of _____ .3) My local zoos runs a _____ for most of their endangered species.
4) Whenever I cook I always put the _____ into a separate bin just for organic waste.
5) Tell me about the _____ poisonous gases have on the environment.
6) There is more than one nuclear _____ near where I live.
7) We should all try to protect the _____ in the areas we live.
8) Do you know you can put the eggshells on the ______?
9) What is the _____ level of this oven?
10) There is always _____ when you buy electronic items.
Fill in: come up with, throw away, switch off, turn down, put on, cut down on.
Make sure you _____ all the lights before you leave.
You should _____ a jumper rather than turn the heating on.
Don’t _____ those glass bottles. They can be recycled.
We must try to _____ the amount of electricity we use.
I like to _____ the heating at night. It helps me to sleep better.
We must _____ a way to use less paper.
Choose the correct word.
Could/Should you turn on the light? It’s getting dark in here.
You must/may be joking. No one could eat so many cakes.
I think you might/ought to see a dentist.
It’s Sunday tomorrow. You mustn’t/needn’t wake up early.
Should/May I borrow the car tonight, please?
That mustn’t/can’t be his mother. She looks so young.
I might/can come later but I’m not sure.
You must/ought to be very tired. Do you want to sleep for a while?
I have to/could go to the bank. I’m out of money.
You must/ought to respect the elderly.
Fill in: must, mustn’t, can, can’t, needn’t, have to.
A: Would you like to come out with us tonight?
B: Oh, I can’t. I ____ study for my exams.A: You ____ feed the animals in the zoo.
B: I’m really sorry.
A: Guess what! I’ve just won a holiday to Bali.
B: No way! You ____ be joking.
A: I’m not feeling well.
B: You _____ see a doctor.
A: Look! It’s Frank.
B: It _____ be. He said he was staying in tonight.
A: This article says people are wasting far too much electricity.
B: That’s why we _____ all try to save energy in the home.
A: You ____ go now if you want to.
B: Thanks. See you tomorrow.
A: How about a game of chess?
B: Sorry, but I _____ finish my homework first.
A: Would you like me to pick you up later?
B: No, you _____ bother. I’ll get the bus.
A: Excuse me, sir. You _____ use your mobile phone in here.
B: Oh, I’m sorry.
5. Fill in the correct prepositions: away from, on, out of, into, over.
1) I ran _____ Mike yesterday on my way to work.
2) We’ve run _____ sugar.
3) Cars run _____ gas.
4) He was so unhappy that he tried to run _____ from school.
5) Slow down the car, you might run someone _____.
6) If you run _____ money, call us and we will help you.
7) We can’t run _____ the facts.