1. Rewrite the following sentences in the passive.
• We don’t add any harmful ingredients to our products.
• The Government is now building a lot of new schools in the provinces.
• The police have just arrested him on suspicion of cruelty to animals.
• They are going to open a new supermarket next week.
• They publish a lot of books on IT.
2. Complete the sentences using the passive voice.
• This report ________________ (produce) at the request of the board.
• Twenty hotel managers _______________ (interview) for the purpose of the report yesterday.
• The job _____________ (finish) by tonight.
• The meeting ___________ (change) to Thursday.
• The beans ____________ (separate) from the shells.
• He ___________ (give) some money by Jane yesterday.
3. Match the beginnings of the sentences with the endings.
1. A decision to strike was taken a. with a penknife.
2. This church was designed b. by beautiful grounds.
3. I was shocked c. by a hunter with a rifle.
4. He was shot d. by some of the workers.
5. He had been seen e. by Christopher Wren.
6. His trousers were completely covered f. with a stick.
4. Rewrite the following sentences in the passive making the underlined words the subject.
• They’ve sent me a lot of junk mail.
• The credit bank lent me three thousand dollars in 1998.
• One of his aunts taught him maths.
• They will pay the workers $50 every day.
• They offered her a good job.