Контрольная работа по английскому языку за II четверть. Вариант 2
Match the words which have a same meaning
To throw away
II. Complete each sentence with one of the words or phrases below.
(1) environment; (2) cut down; (3) causes; (4) pollution; (5) packaging; (6) environmental;
(7) dangerous; (8) save; (9) protect; (10) litter
1. You shouldn't use your car because it … noise and air pollution.
2. This notice can be seen at the zoo or at the circus to … people from danger.
3. He wants to become an ecologist himself to research and protect the … .4. Recently, however, our beach has become more polluted with … left by tourists and locals.
5. Our forests are disappearing because they are … or burnt.
6. Your family can begin trying to … the Earth right now.
7. If you go the seaside, you'll see the … around you.
8. If people hadn't invented different machines and developed industry, the … problems wouldn't have appeared.
9. Why is litter so … in the countryside?
10. When you buy packed goods, don't drop the … .Make adjectives from the following nouns, translate them.
Nature; 2) nation; 3) ecology; 4) history; 5) biology
IV .Put “the ” if it is needed.
... Shetland Islands are situated to ... north of ... Great Britain.
... USA is ... largest country in ... America.
... Crimea is washed by ... Black Sea.
... Lake Baikal is ... deepest lake in ... world.
... Paris is ... capital of ... France.
Complete sentences, using Conditional II and III.
If you (not miss) the train, you would have arrived in time.
If they had known it before, they (take) measures.
Your brother (become) much stronger if he took cold baths regularly.
If he were a first-class sportsman now, he (not train) enough last year.
f I (write) the composition yesterday, I would be free now.
Answer the following questions.
What do you know about recycling?
Do you throw away rubbish?
What can be recycled?
What does your family do with rubbish?
Do you have bins for delivering rubbish in your yard?