Контрольная работа в 8-м классе
1.People like travelling. They travel on business or for pleasure. If you want to go to Britain you can do it in different ways. You can travel by train, by plane or by car. People have to cross the channel between England and France. Tourists usually go by plane. It's more comfortable and fast There are two major airports in England: Heathrow and Gatwick . They welcome passengers from different countries.
Right or wrong?1. People like travelling.
2. People travel on business.
3. People go to Britain by plane.
4. Planes are not fast and comfortable.
5. There are two major airports in the UK.
1. People often go travelling.
2. People travel for pleasure.
3. You can go to Britain on foot.
4. Planes are comfortable.
5. There are three major airports in the UK.
2. Travelling: pros and cons. Use the expressions from the box to complete the table below.
Discover new places, teach to be undestending, improve knowledge of foreign language, wait at airports, have to think about accommodation and food, broaden your mind, many places are polluted, teach people about art and culture, the beauty of many places has disappeared, help to relax, the beaches are always overcrowded, the most fantastic place is home, meet interesting people.
3. Translate from Russian into English.
Мы бы хотели совершить экскурсию по Лондону на красном двухэтажном автобусе.
Они предпочли бы побывать в Шотландии.
Британские студенты хотели бы совершить путешествие на теплоходе по Волге.
4. Найдите лишнее слово в каждой группе.
•trip, journey, tour, holiday
•airport, station, platform, port
•train, underground, coach, plane
•museum, gallery, camp, palace
•square, town, village, city•visa, passport, ticket, computer