Подготовка к ГИА. Учимся писать письмо. Тренировочные упражнения
1. Прочитайте фразы (1-15), которые вы можете употребить в различных частях письма. Подумайте, где именно. Заполните таблицу их номерами.
1. Waiting for your letter.2. Thanks for your letter.
3. Dear Chris,
4. Say hello to everyone.
5. Best wishes,
6. How are you?
8. Lots of kisses,
9. Hello Julie,
10. Bye for now,
12. All the best,
13. Dearest Jane,
14. It was nice to hear from you.
15. Well, that's all for now.
Приветствие Начальные фразы письма Заключительные фразы письма Концовка перед подписью
2. В этом письме перепутаны части. Расставьте их по порядку и заполните таблицу их номерами.
A. Best wishes,
B. If we can't stay outdoors, could you find out what we could do indoors? Perhaps we could go to a museum or somewhere else.
C. I'm glad to learn that you're having fun in London. By the way, I'm coming to see you next
weekend, and I'm really looking forward to joining you.
D. Thank you for your last letter. Sorry, I haven't written sooner, but I've been very busy at
F. I hope it won't rain because I'd also like to visit some of London's famous parks. I've heard
that Hyde Park is really beautiful in autumn.
G. I'm finishing, I have to do some homework. See you on Friday evening.
H. Dear Emma,
I. First of all, I'd like to go on the London Eye. I've heard that the views are fantastic, especially
if the weather is good.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
3. В этом письме перепутаны части. Расставьте их по порядку и заполните таблицу их номерами (A-G).
B. Unfortunately (к сожалению), its happiness didn't last long. It had a terrible stomachache and we took it to the vet. What a great man! He wasn't afraid of Bobby's sharp teeth and gave that naughty dog a real treat.
C. Dear Mike,
D. Anyway (как бы то ни было), I'd better go now. Mum wants me to help with the shopping before I do my homework.
E. Best wishes,
F. Thanks for your letter. It was great to hear from you! I'm really glad your dog's much better now.
G. Well, you know the kids in my class are really friendly and we often have parties together. Three days ago I was at a birthday party. We had a lot of fun. We were dancing, listening to music, playing games. When we sat down to have a birthday cake we didn't find it on the table! But believe me, there was a very happy dog under the table!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
4. Напишите адреса правильно.
l. High Street, 7009 225, Australia, 105, Richard Cook, Melbourne
2. United Kingdom, Ann Smith, Radcliffe Street, NE 22 4RD, Manchester, 24
3. USA, 42nd Street, Washington, John Maxwell, 15, 20036
5. Ваш друг прислал вам письмо, но некоторые слова и выражения пропущены. Вставьте их по смыслу и восстановите правильный адрес.
(3) Thanks for your letter.
(4) another thing
(5) Thomas Black
(6) of course
(7) by the way
(8) to start with
(9) wait to see you.
(10) looking forward to meeting you
23, Randall Street
Brighton BX 1002
(2)________________I was so glad to hear that you're going to visit us this summer here in Brighton. Let me tell you about some of the things we'll be able to do while you are here.
(3)________________, we'll play paintball with my friends in the woods behind our house. (4)________________, you'll need old clothes for that but don't worry — you can wear some of mine.
(5)________________we can do is go biking down to the land. It's a bit far from my house but I hope mother will let us go if my elder brother goes with us.
You shouldn't feel shy about meeting my friends. They are nice guys and are (6)________________. (7)________________, your English is quite good, so you won't have any problems.
(8)________________, could you bring some photos of your city's historical places? My friends and I are doing a project on history of other countries and the pictures will really help us to make it nicer.
Well, I've got to get back to my homework. Can't (9)________________.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
6. Ваш друг прислал вам письмо из Уэльса, где он на отдыхе уже целую неделю. Некоторые слова и выражения пропущены. Вставьте их по смыслу и напишите адрес правильно.
(1) 25, Lexdon Road (8) anyway
(2) camping (9) write back soon
(3) Roger Moor (10) by the way
(4) Wales (11) Llyn Peris(5) together (12) What's more
(6) thanks for your letter (13) believe
(7) climbing (1)________________
(2)________________. Sorry I haven't written for so long because there was nothing special to write about. (3)________________, I've got lots of news for you this time.
You won't guess where I'm now after this hard school year! We are in Wales (4)________________ with my dad. We've already been (5)________________for a week without all the usual comforts of home. For me it's new and useful experience. (6)______________, I'm becoming sporty as we're walking and (7)________________ all the time. (8)________________, my dad and I are going to try canoeing. You know, we're good swimmers, so there's nothing to worry about. I (9)________________that we'll have a wonderful time.
Oh! I almost forgot. Father said that next time we go, I could bring a friend along. What do you say? Are you up to it? If I were you, I won't think a minute.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
7. Вставьте в пропуски выражения по смыслу и кратко ответьте на вопросы после письма.
(1) everyday (8) to hear from you
(2) usually (9) always
(3) always (10) to hearing from you
(4) with a lot to do (11) every day
(5) once a month (12) at the moment
(6) twice a week (13) always
(7) next week
5 Essex Road
London SW12 5JL
Thank you for your letter. I'm (1)________________very happy (2)________________. Everything you do is so exciting.
I'm sitting (3)________________ doing my homework. I'm waiting for mother so that we can have dinner together. School is rather boring (4)________________. I do the same things 5)________________. I (6)________________get up at the same time in the morning and I travel to school (7)________________ by tube. I have the same subjects at
school and I (8)________________have lunch in the school canteen. (9)________________ I go to the cinema and (10)________________ I go to Brighton to see you. Never mind. Our spring holidays start (11)________________and we are having a school party in June! At least that's exciting.
I look forward (12)________________soon.
1. Who is the letter to?
2. Who is the letter from?
3. Where does Joy live?
4. Where does Janet live?
5. What is Joy doing at the moment?
6. What does Joy do at the same time every morning?
7. How does Joy travel to school?
8. Where does Joy usually have lunch?
9. Where does Joy go twice a week?
10. How often does Joy see Janet?
11. When is Joy having holidays?
12. When is Joy having a school party?
8. Найдите 10 ошибок в письме (правописание, грамматика, пунктуация). Напишите правильный вариант.
15 Greenway street Newcastle NE2 ЗРА
2nd november Dear Susan,
Thanks you for your letter. I were glad hear from you.
My best friend had a birthday party last weekend. We went on a picnic. There were many guests and it was great. And when is your birthday? How you usually celebrate it? What present would like get for your next birthday?
9. Найдите 10 ошибок в письме (правописание, грамматика, структура письма). Напишите правильный вариант письма.
Dear Berth, thank you for your letter. Sorry I haven't written for you before, as I'm up to my neck in business.
Actually, I'm in need of pocket money like you and like you I'm crazy about computers. So, last month I started repairing my neighbours computers. They told their neighbours about that and so forth. Now I go to different people's houses on my bike to help them with any problems they have. This week I've already fixed 5 computers and the people seem happy to my service. At least I haven't had any complaints yet.
Anyway, enough about me. How you about?
Now I have to stop writing, because my mobile is ringing. Maybe, somebody needs my help in the computer!
Hope to hear from you soon. Best wishes,
10. Выберите из двух вариантов неформальный стиль личного письма.
Dear (1) Mrs. Smith/Kate,
Thank you for your letter. I'm really looking forward to coming to Canada. Well, (2) you asked me to tell you/ requested a few things about myself, so (3) please see below/ here goes!
I'm tall, blonde, have green eyes. Like all models I'm a little bit (4) underweight/skinny. Anyway, (5) I've popped in a snap of me/I have enclosed a photograph, so that you can see for yourself.
The good news is that we both have the same hobby. I am (6) fond of/crazy about modern theatre. Shall we (7) purchase tickets/buy some tickets and go together to a new play when I come?
There are a lot of other things I am (8) anxious/dying to do when I get to your place. I've never tried fishing and boating, so perhaps you can teach me.
Well, I'd better finish now and get this in the post.
Hope to hear from you soon.
(9) Best wishes/Sincerely yours,