Test Module 4
1. Match the words to make up phrases. Put the letters in the correct order.
1. Writing a) lunch
2. Vegetable b) consumption
3. Compost c) paper
4. Packed d) heap
5. Energy e) peelings
6. Excessive f) packaging
The key: cedabf
2. Guess the words and unscramble them.
Don’t 1) TASEW fruit and vegetable material. Make a 2) POSTMOC PEHA in your garden. Then you will have well 3) TILIREFRES for your plants.
The key: 1) waste; 2) compost heap; 3) fertiliser
3. Guess the words and fill in the gaps.
-How can we use the rule of 3Rs to protect the environment?
-First, we should 1)…. glass, paper and plastic. More than that, it is essential that we 2)… old boxes, jar and bottles. Next, we should do our best to 3)… energy and paper consumption, rubbish, the amount of water we use.
The key: 1) recycle; 2) reuse; 3) reduce
Test Module 4
1. Match the words to make up phrases. Put the letters in the correct order. There is one extra letter.
1. Global a) programmes
2. Modern b) warming
3. Power c) stations
4. Conservation d) lifestyles
5. Natural e) crops
The key: bdcaf
2. Guess the words and write them correctly.
I always switch off the 1)…. (l - - h - s) when I leave an empty room. Besides, I use only light bulbs that save 2)….( - - e - g -). Finally, I turn down the 3)….. (- e - t - - g) when it is warm in the room.
The key: 1) lights; 2) energy; 3) heating