Выберите правильные ответы на вопросы из предложенных вариантов.
1. Formal:The registration fee for the examination is approximately $20.
Informal: Have you got an _____ on Tuesday?
2. Formal: If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our local _____.
Informal: You shouldn't have let that slimy sales rep in.
3. Formal: There are certain exceptions to this such as pregnant women.
Informal: Is Madonna _____ again?
4. Formal: The teasing in the _____ made him sick with anger.
Informal: It's just like being back in the dorm.
5. Formal: This book is full of useful information on the subject of gardening.
Informal: For more _____ mail me at [email protected]
6. Formal: She peered over her _____.
Informal: Throw away your old specs, they're no good.
7. Formal: This technology has proven very successful in laboratory experiments.
Informal: Russia's future must be high skill, high wage and high _____.
8. Formal: His conduct was not entirely _____.
Informal: He worked as a freelance journalist for a couple of years before going pro.
9. Formal: All bedrooms en suite, colour TVs, telephone, mini bar, hairdryers.
Informal: Ouch! I've dropped the _____!
10. Formal: Cover the bowl and place it in the _____.
Informal: The milk's in the fridge.
11. Formal: This is an easy to read article that describes how television works.
Informal: Tired of the _____? Buy a book!
12. Formal: Please do not stand too close to the _____.
Informal: He kept talking into his mike as she made her way out of the room.
13. Formal: The tablets are the real treatment and the diet restrictions can be ignored.
Informal: He's now on _____ for life.
14. Formal: _____ is a sauce that consists of egg yolk, vegetable oil, vinegar or lemon juice and various other ingredients.
Informal: Here's the recipe for home mayo.
15. Formal: We manufacture a wide range of ammunition.
Informal: Need good shooting _____? Visit our shop!
16. Formal: The rebels are ready for _____.
Informal: My demob came up and I left the army with mixed feelings.
17. Formal: It is the best gymnasium in the city. Free weights and machines.
Informal: I work out in the _____ five days a week.
18. Formal: He has no _____ claims on the child.
Informal: All of our pictures come from legit sources.
19. Formal: Messalina, Roman Empress of Clauctius, is the most famous of all nymphomaniacs.
Informal: Help! A _____ is after me!
20. Formal: We offer 27 recipes for chocolate _____.
Informal: You can store this tasty pud in the fridge for up to seven days.
21. Grass is usually ____.
22. The Russian flag is white, blue and ____.
23. Chocolate can be bitter, milk and ____.
24. Ivory is a shade of ____.
25. Bones are ____.
26. Fill in the blanks in this simple but famous poem:
a.Roses are ____.
b.Violets are ____.
c.Sugar is sweet.
d.And so are you.
27. He took off his ____ jacket and leaned out of the window.
28. Which of the following words is NOT used to describe a shade of white:
29. The baby's smooth ____ skin glistened in the sun.
30. Which is the odd one out?
31. A ____ of grey was visible on her ageing skin through the thick layer of make-up.
32. His skinny, somewhat ____ hands were trembling.
33. She was always the ____ of the family; she had disappointed them all.
34. She hit him hard on the face and gave him a ____ eye.
35. I only see him ____, I don't know what are his whereabouts for the time being.
a.in black and white
b.out of the blue
c.once in a blue moon
d.black and blue
36. We got the warning about the thunderstorm completely out of the ____.
37. There's so much ____ in getting out of this country that we are thinking of abandoning the immigration process altogether.
38. The boss gave us the ____ light for starting this rather daring project.
39. His boss disapproves of him telling ____ jokes at business meetings.
40. Tom is such a ____ - he won't even look down the ski slope.