ENGLISH-8 UNIT 3
1. Прослушайте диалог и выберите соответствующие его содержанию варианты для заполнения пропусков. Вы услышите текст два раза.
1) Ann and Jane have already visited ______.
a) the Eiffel Tower and the Seine
b) the Galleries Lafayette and the Seine
c) the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre
2) The view from the top of ______ was amazing.
a) the Louvre b) the Eiffel Tower c) the Galleries Lafayette
3) ______ has bought a gift.
a) Ann b) Jane c) Their mother
4) The Seine is _______.
a) a palace b) a shop c) a river
5) On Thursday the girls are going ______.
a) to be on a boat trip b) to go shopping c) to visit a museum
6) Ann and Jane are planning to see Notre Dame on ______.
a) Thursday b) Sunday c) Wednesday
2. Прочитайте текст и определите истинность утверждений после него. Выберите из трёх вариантов (a, b или c).
Staying healthy abroad
Travellers look forwardto their summer holidays but are they aware of the unsafe choices they are about to make? Probably not! Thats why many will end up sick instead of out on the beach. Here are some travel tips to help tourists stay in good health while abroad.
First of all, tourists should visit their doctors. Their doctors will see if they need any vaccinations based on where they are going. Travellers should also make sure they take any required medication and a first-aid kit with them when they travel abroad.
In addition, since it is possible for travellers to fall ill even before they land, they must remember that drinking water and getting exercise during long flights is important. If not, they risk the possibility of feeling their legs and arms heavy or even serious health problems. To avoid this, stretching every hour and drinking plenty of fluids is highly recommended.
For the most part, it is important for travellers to watch what they eat and drink while on holiday. At least 20% of tourists get food poisoning. This happens because a lot of them make the mistake of believing that what they see on a menu is safe. Tourists need to stick to bottled water and drinks without ice, eat well-cooked foods, choose fruit with skin, and of course keep their hands clean.
Moreover, travellers to Asia, Africa and Central and South America should be aware of diseases like malaria that are passed on by some insects. They can protect themselves by putting on bug spray. Furthermore, if their rooms don't have air-conditioning, they should consider sleeping under a mosquito net at night.
When people are travelling to exotic places, they need to know the possible health threats they can face. After all, knowledge is the best way for tourists to protect themselves and stay healthy abroad.
a) true b) false c) not stated
1) While on holiday, travellers always use good judgement when ordering food.
2) All tourists usually visit their doctors before they travel abroad.
3) Tourists who order drinks with ice and medium-cooked meat may end up sick.
4) All insects are harmful in Central America.
5) Stretching, at least every hour, is important for passengers booked on long flights.
6) Travellers ought to know the health issues of the countries they are visiting.
7) 80% of tourists stay healthy during their journeys.
3. Выберите подходящие варианты для заполнения пропусков.
1) He _____ (can’t/couldn’t) open the window as it was stuck.
2) Interpreters _____ (may/must) translate without dictionaries.
3) _____ (May/Could) you give me the recipe for this cake?
4) You _____ (could/should) stop smoking.
5) You _____ (may/must) finish the article as soon as possible.
6) Liz doesn’t _____ (ought to/have to) keep to a diet anymore.
7) You _____ (must not/needn’t) read in the dark.
8) My grandfather was retired, so he didn’t _____ (be able to/have to) go to work.
9) The fridge is full, so we _____ (must not/needn’t) go shopping.
10) We _____ (can/ought to) reserve a table for our old parents.
11) Sorry, I’m late. I _____ (needed to/had to) wait for the doctor.
12) What time do we _____ (should/have to) be at the railway station?
13) I _____ (may not/can’t) watch this film. It’s too boring.
14) We have no a dishwasher, so you _____ (must/need) wash-up.
15) You look very pale. I think you _____ (need/should) stay at home.
4. Восстановите правильную последовательность реплик в диалоге. В ответ запишите последовательность букв (например, A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L).
A) I love Glasgow! Have you got any brothers or sisters?
B) No, l don’t think so. I’m John.
D) Oh really? Where are you from then?
E) Yes, it’s my first day. We moved here a week ago.
F) Me too! It’s a bit lonely, isn’t it? Oh no, I’m late. I have to go! Will I see you after class?
G) A small town just outside Glasgow.
H) Where about in Scotland?
I) Nice to meet you, John. Are you new here?
J) Hi, my name is Maria. Have we met before?
K) I’m from Scotland.
L) No, I’m an only child unfortunately.
ENGLISH-8 UNIT 3
Текст для аудирования
Ann: Hi, Mum! It’s me, Ann. How are you?
Mum: Oh, hello, dear. I’m fine. How are you? How’s Jane? Are you having a good time?
Ann: Whoa, Mum! One question at a time. Yes, I’m fine, Jane’s fine and we’re having a lovely time.
Mum: Sorry. I’m just very pleased to hear from you. So, have you visited the Eiffel Tower yet?
Ann: Yes, we went there on Sunday. The view from the top was fantastic.
Mum: Did you go shopping?
Ann: Yes, we went shopping and I’ve bought you a really lovely gift. I hope you’ll like it.
Mum: Oh, I’m sure I will. Where did you go shopping?
Ann: We went to the Galleries Lafayette. There were some beautiful shops but they were quite expensive.
Mum: Don’t spend all your money on gifts. Have you been on a boat trip on the Seine yet?
Ann: No, we haven’t. We’re hoping to do that on Thursday.
Mum: What about the Louvre? Have you been there yet? I’ve heard it’s a wonderful place to visit.
Ann: Yes, we have already visited the Louvre. We spent a whole day there. It was amazing.
Mum: Have you seen Notre Dame? What’s it like inside?
Ann: I don’t know — we haven’t seen it yet. We are planning to go there on Wednesday. I’ll have to go now, Mum.
Mum: OK, dear. I’ll see you when you get home. Bye!
ОТВЕТЫ И БАЛЛЫ
1 2 3 4 5 6
c b a c a c
Каждый верный ответ – 1 балл. Всего – 6 баллов.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
b c a b a a c
Каждый верный ответ – 1 балл. Всего – 7 баллов.
1) сouldn’t2) must
4) should5) must
6) have to
7) must not
8) have to
9) needn’t10) ought to
11) had to
12) have to
14) must15) shouldКаждый верный ответ – 1 балл. Всего – 15 баллов.
J - B - I - E - D - K - H - G - A - L - F - C
Каждая буква на своём месте – 1 балл. Всего – 12 баллов.
ИТОГО: 40 баллов
Перевод баллов в оценку: 36 - 40 баллов – “5”15 - 25 баллов – “3”
26 - 35 баллов – “4” менее 15 баллов – “2”