ENGLISH-9 UNIT 6
1. Вы услышите 5 диалогов. Соотнесите диалоги и места a - f, где они происходят. Одно место в списке лишнее. Вы услышите диалоги два раза.
A) At the library. B) At the teacher's office. C) In a restaurant.
D) At the theatre. E) At a tourist agency. F) In a concert hall.
Диалог 1 2 3 4 5
Место действия 2. Для каждого из абзацев текста 1 - 6 выберите заголовок из вариантов A - F. Один заголовок в списке лишний.
A) Unusual forecasts.
B) The part of philosophy.
C) The celebration begins.
D) The spring festive time.
E) The family tradition.
F) Delicious food.
G) Where does it come from?
The symbol of Japan
1) The beginning of spring (March-April) is a very special time in Japan, because this is when Japan's famous cherry trees come into flower. The Japanese celebrate this happy time with festivals and flower-viewing parties.
2) At the end of winter, everyone's excitement starts to grow. The whole country wants to know the exact day when the cherry flowers ('sakura') will appear. Starting in February, weathermen try to guess when this day will be.
3) When the first flowers open on the trees, national joy breaks out! There are rides and games for children in the street, music and dance performances, tea ceremonies, flower displays, and much more. But the most special thing that people do at this time is have hanami parties.
4) 'Hanami' means flower watching. It is the centuries-old practice of sitting under a sakura or ume tree. The custom was started during the Nara Period (710-794) when it was ume flowers that people admired in the beginning. But by the Heian Period (794-1185), cherry flowers came to attract more attention and hanami was synonymous with sakura.
5) In hanami parties, families and friends take a picnic and go and sit under a cherry tree to look at and admire the flowers. Hanami parties take place during the day time and also at night, because when it's dark, lights light up the cherry trees.
6) Hanami is very important to the Japanese. Cherry blossoms appear on trees for only one week before they fall to the ground and die, and for the Japanese this symbolises the short nature of childhood and life. So hanami is a time when Japanese people like to think about how important life is.
3. Измените слова в скобках так, чтобы они грамматически соответствовали содержанию текста.
The language protection
Chinese authorities have taken steps to protect the Chinese language from the use of English and other 1) _____ (LANGUAGE).
Nowadays the People's Daily Online website 2) _____ (SAY), “With economic and social development foreign languages 3) _____ (USE) more often in all types of publications in China. It 4) _____ (BE) true about all kinds of media including newspapers, books, e-books and the Internet publications”.
According to China's General Administration of Press and Publication the invasion of English words in Chinese texts 5) _____ (HURT) the language at this moment. 6) _____ (IT) website stated that English 7) _____ (DAMAGE) the standard and purity of the Chinese language severely and destroyed the harmonious cultural environment.
A great number of English borrowings is also believed 8) _____ (CAUSE) negative social impacts. Currently a lot of English abbreviations and acronyms are widely used in Chinese press. It makes it difficult to understand the texts for 9) _____ (THAT) who are not fluent in English. But from now on all of them should 10) _____ (REPLACE) with their Chinese equivalents.
4. Измените слова в скобках так, чтобы они лексически соответствовали содержанию предложений.
1) It was the country's first (DEMOCRACY) elections.
2) He is a (WAIT) in an Italian restaurant.
3) Adam Smith was a famous (ECONOMY).
4) Can you speak English (FLUENT)?
5) He is awful. I really (LIKE) him.
6) Your (ENGAGE) in class activities is very important.
7) The 19th century was the (INDUSTRY) time.
5. Восстановите верный порядок слов в предложениях.
1) is worth / Wimbledon / because / a sport legend. / it’s / visiting
2) my research. / After / had received / I / began / your letter, / I
3) to discuss / widespread diseases. / The first / is / problem / fighting against
4) saw / my / running / friend / I / best / across the field.
5) unexpectedly. / the tourists / are / whose holidays / They / have been finished
6) asked / I / about free trade. / he / him / knew / if
ENGLISH-9 UNIT 6
Текст для аудирования
A: Sam, can you tell me why you did so poorly on yesterday's quiz?
B: I tried, I really did, Mrs Jones, but I don't understand the material.
A: Well, when you don't understand something, you need to tell me, and I'll try to help you.
B: Thank you Mrs Jones - I promise I'll do that next time.
A: Good. Then I'm sure you'll get a good mark soon, like you usually do.
A: What's the name of the book you're looking for?
B: Moby Dick.
A: You'll find that in Fiction, in the M section under Melville.
B: Thank you. Oh, and how long can I check the book out for?
A: Two weeks, and you can renew for another two weeks if you need to.
A: Oh! You got us tickets for today's performance. I thought they were sold out!
B: They were, but my friend Anne works in the Philharmonic's publicity office, and she had a few extra tickets.
A: Wow. These are amazing seats. I've never heard Beethoven's 9th symphony performed live before – let alone sitting in the third row.
B: Me neither. We won't miss a single note sitting this close to the orchestra.
A: This is so exciting. I can't believe I’m about to see my favorite actor playing Hamlet, right here, on that stage!
B: You know, this show's been sold out since it opened.
A: So how did you get tickets?
B: My brother bought them for his wife, but she broke her leg this weekend skiing.
A: Well, I'm sorry for her bad luck, but happy for us! Shhh! The curtain's going up!
A: I think I've found you a nice holiday in Spain. The price includes air fare, hotel, and meals.
B: Is it near the ocean?
A: Well, it's about a short walk, or there's a shuttle bus.
B: Oh, no, I really wanted to be right on the ocean.
A: Unfortunately, hotels on the beach are quite a bit more expensive. But let me see if there are any special deals today.
ОТВЕТЫ И БАЛЛЫ
1 2 3 4 5
B A F D E
Каждый верный ответ – 1 балл. Всего – 5 баллов.
1 2 3 4 5 6
D A C G E B
Каждый верный ответ – 1 балл. Всего – 6 баллов.
3) are used
5) is hurting
7) damaged8) to cause
10) be replaced
Каждый верный ответ – 1 балл. Всего – 10 баллов.
Каждый верный ответ – 1 балл. Всего – 7 баллов.
1) Wimbledon is worth visiting because it's a sport legend.
2) After I had received your letter, I began my research.
3) The first problem to discuss is fighting against widespread diseases.
4) I saw my best friend running across the field.
5) They are the tourists whose holidays have been finished unexpectedly.
6) I asked him if he knew about free trade.
Каждый верный ответ – 1 балл. Всего – 6 баллов.
ИТОГО: 34 балла
Перевод баллов в оценку:
31 - 34 балла – “5”
22 - 30 баллов – “4”
14 - 21 балл – “3”
менее 14 баллов – “2”