Тестовая работа….8 класс.
Match the headings to the texts. Fulfill the results into the table.
There is only one heading extra.
A. Sports and money.
B. The riskiest sports.
C. Sports at school
D. Young, sporting and rich.
E. The fastest-growing sports.
F. Sports to stay healthy.
1. According to recent statistics, the sport that causes most injuries is rugby, and football is a close second. Despite the popularity of these games, and although we teach school children to play them, they injure more people per 1,000 than motor-racing, skiing, or scuba-diving. Of course, people do get hurt in 'adventure sports' and the most dangerous is climbing, which kills eight people a year.
2. Britain does not often produce sportsmen or sportswomen who are successful in world sporting championships, but it has been good at inventing sports and writing the rules of games. Golf was first played in Scotland in the fifteenth century. Cricket was first played in England in the sixteenth century. Nineteenth-century team sports, such as football, rugby and hockey, were first played in British public schools.
3. Sport today means big business for both players and sponsors. Sporting events like the World Cup, which has a TV audience of 35 billion people, make huge amounts of money. Companies like Coca Cola and Adidas have paid more than $20 million to sponsor a sports event. They know that people all over the world will see their names and logos at the sports stadiums and on participants' clothes.
4. Children are encouraged to participate in sports at an early age. There are children's baseball, football, and basketball teams in almost every community. The rivalry between high schools and colleges in sporting events goes right through the school year from football in September to track and field in June. Cheerleaders and bands lead the supporters in rooting for their home team.
5. Many top stars make a fortune during their sporting careers. Tiger Woods, the professional golfer, is only 23 years old. He has already earned more than $5 million. He has won eight tournaments in his career so far, including the US Masters which he won in 1997. He reached the position of the world's top player in the shortest time ever - just 42 weeks. He is sponsored by Nike, the sportswear company.
6. The majority of people live in towns and cities, where space for team sports is limited. Most people take part in individual sports. They usually go walking, swimming, cycling, or do aerobics. Taking part in all these sports is informal and casual. Most people just want to relax. If they do aerobics or go swimming, they usually go to the sports centre, but not many people join a sports club.
7. Britain's national sport is football. During the football season most professional footballers play two matches every week. Many people say this is too many because the players cannot devote enough time and energy to international games. The 22 best English teams play in the Premier League, run by the Football Association. Liverpool is the most successful team and have won the most games in tournaments.
1 2 3 4 5
Points – 2×5 / 10
Choose the correct word. Only one letter is correct.
1.If we (be) free today , we could go to the country.
a) were b)are с)been
2. If I (see) him yesterday, I should have invited him.
a) have seen b) saw c)had seen
3. The boy was trembling as if he (frighten).
a) frightened b) was frightened b) were frightened
4. If he had translated the article, he (show) it to me.
a) would have shown b) had showed c) will have shown.
5. The exam is over. I … my best.
a) made b) do c) did
6. I’ll go and … some coffee for us.
a) make b) will make c) do
7. First he will … his homework and then he will … some housework
a) do b) make c) would make
8.Say this word …
a) correct b)correctly c) incorrectly
9.She always looks …
a) wonderful b) not wonderful c) wonderfully
10. My mother looked at me …
a)cold b)coldly c) colder
11. Planes can fly … than birds.
a) higher b) highest c) the highest
12. My brother has a … voice.
a) loud b)loudly c)the loudest
13. We know you have the key, so hand it ...... .
a) down c) outd) over
14. Our car broke … about five kilometers out of the city and we had to walk home.
a) down b)out c) away
15. The garage has been broken … three times this year.
a) out b) into c) down
16. The golden ring was handed … though centuries
a) in b) out c) down
17. She washed … hands and face.
a) hisb) her c) herself
18. We invited Liz to stay with … in the house.
a) herb) us c)our
19. Do you know that man? - Yes, I know ….
a) heb)himc) himself
20. This is his book. Give … to him.
a) himb) herc) it
Task 3.Open the brackets and complete the sentences.
It happened when Mr. and Mrs. Harris (1) ________ (to cycle) through Holland. Mrs. Harris always sat behind Mr. Harris on the tandem. Mr. Harris often (2) ______ (to tell) his wife (3) _____ (to sit) tight because the roads were not good and the tandem often (4) _____ (to jump).
Once heard him (5) ______ (to say) “Jump down!” and so she did. But in fact he (6) _____ (to say) that. So he went on thinking that she (7) _____ (to sit) behind him.
First, she thought he wanted (8) ____ (to show) the skill. She was sure that he (9) _____(to return). But when he (10) ______ (to disappear) in the distance she started (11) _____ (to cry) as she had no money and couldn’t speak Dutch.
Meanwhile, her husband (12) ____ (to cycle) happily. Soon he felt that something (13) ______ (to go) wrong. He turned back and (14) _______ (to see) nobody. He stopped at the nearer house and (15) _______ (to tell) to go to the police. There he (16) _____ (to ask) when and where he (17) ______ (to lose) his wife.
Finally, Mr. and Mrs. Harris (18) ______ (to meet) again and their meeting couldn’t (19) ______ (to call) a pleasant one. “I (20) ______ (never, to be) so furious I my life,” Mrs. Harris said again and again.
Points 20 ×3
Choose have/has to, must, should, ought to to complete these sentences.
A person … eat in order to live.
You … walk to and from school instead of taking the bus if you want to get more exercises.
Rice … have water in order to grow.
Your back hurts and the box is heavy. You … not carry it.
You … watch this film! It’s really great.
My father … to travel a lot on business: he is a sales manager for a big company.
Listen to my advice! You … not eat too much!
He … work hard because his parents are not rich.
Alice … improve her English if she wants to enter the university.
Every morning I … leave home at 6 because my work starts at 7.
Points 10 ×1
E - extraTask 2
1. a2. c3. b4. a5. c6. a7. a8. b9. a10. b11. a12. a13. d14. a15. b16. c17. b18. b19. b20. cTask 3
was toldwas asked
have never been
should /ought to
have not to
КРИТЕРИИ: оценка «5» - 100-90
оценка «4» - 89-66
оценка «3» - 65-50
оценка «2» - менее 49