Test «Learning more about each other»
« Progress check»
Choose the right answer:
To interview someone is _______.
to give an interview
to read an interview
to ask somebody questions
A vet is__________.
an office worker
Sociable or _________.
We are all different, old and young, black and white - but we are family, caring and ________family.
5) I am clever, beautiful, sociable and all my friends agree with these my ________.
6) Pop stars usually ______ to many correspondents.
giving and interview
give the interview
write an interview
Bodyguarding is a very ________ job.
A person who looks after people when they are ill is ______.
A person who works with books is ______.
A person who helps people with the law is______.
an office worker
A person who works on the farm or on the fields is______.
I like to play guitar, it’s my __________.
_____is very useful for health.
listening to music
_____is for intelligent people .cooking
going to the theatre
_____ wears a bullet-proof vest .a fireman
Аre you going to take part in the Russian-English students’_____?
Some members of your football ______are giving an interview to a youth magazine.
A good housewife must be _____.
London taxis are called ____.
Let’s___a picnic at the weekend.
Good ____ ! I hope you win the race.
I’d like to invite a_____ of students to visit us.
My sister ____for the educational and social programmes.
Where will they ____ their Christmas holidays?
How many ____ languages do you learn at school?
The weekend is _______.
saturday and Sunday
The programme is_____.
an invitation letter
an actors diary
a plan for doing something
Will you _____ our society of young scientists?
What _____ of people are they?
Lynn ____ television every evening.
keys: 1c; 2b; 3b; 4b; 5b; 6b; 7b; 8c; 9a; 10c; 11b; 12b; 13c; 14b; 15b; 16d; 17b; 18c; 19b; 20a; 21a; 22c; 23b; 24a; 25b; 26a; 27b; 28c; 29b;30a.
Test “jobs and occupations”
Match the right and the left columns:
1) is a person who looks after people when they are ill
2) is a person who works with the books
3) is a person who helps people with the law
4) is a person who treats our teeth
5) is a person who is an expert in engineering
6) is a person who works on the farm or on the fields
7) is a person who does the housekeeping for her family
8) is a person who takes part in sport
9) is a person who drive a car and works with the cars
10) is a person who has his own business
A lawerk)A dentist
Keys: 1-e, 2-a, 3-I, 4-k, 5-g, 6-b, 7-c, 8-f, 9-d, 10-h.