The 9th form Module 5 Test
Make the phrases (10 points)
1 grains a creativity
2 animal b sculptures
3 learning c still
4 artistic d of rice
5 stay perfectly e a look
6 miniature f behaviourist
7 take g difficulties
8 private h anonymous
9 add i property
10 remain j value to
Find the opposite (6 points)
Tiny a inability
Significant b huge
Included c worthless
Ugly d unimportant
Ability e beautiful
Valuable f excluded
Choose the correct word (6 points)
action packed; special effects; box office; all-star; potter’s wheel; modal making
17 Rick loves______ films, as they are full of excitement and adventure scenes.
18. Shakespeare in Love is a great romantic comedy with an amazing______ cast.
19. Steve made a fantastic replica of an ancient ship in _____________ class.
20. The_________ in Harry Potter were brilliant.
21. The _______ success Mama Mia made over 69 million pounds in the UK alone.
22. Claire made a beautiful clay vase on the ________ we gave her for her birthday.
4. Complete the sentences using the correct form of the words in brackets. (6 points)
23. John is by far the_________ (talented) pupil in the art class.
24. Sue has been practicing a lot, so her artwork is getting____ (good) and ______ (good) all the time.
25. The _______ (much) Ann practiced, the______ (easy) it became for her to paint portraits.
26. Willard Wigan’s sculptures are the_________ (tiny) works of art in the world.
5. Choose the correct item. (5 points)
27. We left in the middle of the film because it was extremely/completely slow-paced.
28. Tim would sooner/would prefer see a science fiction film than a comedy.
29. Sarah is slightly/totally nervous about singing in front of a live audience tomorrow tonight.
30. It’s fairy/completely impossible to find tickets to the ballet.
31. It was absolutely/rather late, so Annabel put her paintbrushes away and decided to stop painting for the day.
6. Fill in: into, out of, through, away, over (5 points)
32. He's upset because his cat got run ......... yesterday.
33. The actors ran .......... the scene once more.
34. The film is about a boy who runs .......... from home.
35. I have run .......... of white paint. Can you buy me some?
36. Jack ran ......... an old school friend in the park.
7. Match the phrasal verbs to their definitions (5 points)
37. Run away a) rehearse
38. Run over b) meet by accident
39. Run through c) knock down
40. Run out of d) leave because you are unhappy
41. Run into e) have none left
8. Fill in: for, with, for, in, at, to, of. (7 points)
42. The paintings add value ____ the house.
43. She is famous ____ her dancing.
44. He is popular_____ teens all around the world.
45. It was nice ___Kate to invite us to go to the theatre.
46. They star___ this film.
47. His pictures were sold____ a lot of money _____ auction.
9. Complete the dialogue using the phrase below. (5 points)
a) What do you think of Mozart? b) Sure, count me in! c) I absolutely love it! d) What sort of music do you like? e) I can’t make it, I’m afraid!
Chris: Hey, Pete. We’re all going to a jazz concert tonight. Do you want to come with us?
Pete: (48) __________. And to be honest, I’m not to keen on jazz.
Chris: I didn’t know that (49) ______________.
Pete: Actually, I’m really into classic music.
Chris: I like that too. (50)____________________.
Pete: My favourite!
Chris: Well, that’s great, because I have tickets to the Magic Flute. Do you like it?
Pete: (51) _________________________________.
Chris: So, do you fancy coming to that?
Pete: (52) _________________________.
Перевод баллов в отметки:
55 – 50 – 5
49 – 34 – 4
33 – 13 – 3
12 - 0 – 2
Keys The 9th form Module 5 Test
Task 1 1d 2f 3g 4a 5c 6 b 7 e 8i 9j 10 h
Task 2 11b 12d 13f 14e 15a 16c
Task 3 17action packed 18all-star 19 modal making 20 special effects 21 box office 22 potter’s wheel
Task 4 23 most talented 24 better, better 25 more, easier 26 tiniest
Task 5 27 extremely 28 would sooner 29 slightly 30 completely 31 rather
Task 6 32 over 33 through 34 away 35 out of 36 into
Task 7 37d 38c 39a 40e 41b
Task 8 42 to 43 for 44 with 45 of 46 in 47 for, at
Task 9 48e 49d 50a 51c 52b