2.Этап автоматизации или выработки грамматического навыка.
Thomas Edison was a great American inventor. He patented over 1000 inventions.
1. Transform one sentence into 2 sentences, using Past Simple.
Example: Emilie Berliner improved and patented a gramophone, which had been invented by T. Edison in 1877 and was known as a phonograph.
First Thomas Edison invented a phonograph in 1877. Later Emilie Berliner improved that machine and patented it as a gramophone.
1. In August of 1877 T. Edison improved a talking machine, which had been invented by Charles Grow in 1877. He replaced a wax turntable by a tinfoil turntable.
2. On August 12 ,1877, Edison began experimenting with an apparatus which had been already ordered and built for him.
3. Thomas Edison invented and produced many new items and improvements of the telegraph, which had been invented by Samuel F. B. Morse in 1837.
4. By the time Thomas Edison organised an ‘invention factory ‘ in 1877 a lot of inventions and improvements had been already made by him and his assistants.
5. One of Thomas Edison’s first inventions was an improvement on A. Bell’s telephone which had been invented by Alexander bell in 1876.
6. Over a year 1600 materials had been tested by Thomas Edison before he developed a light bulb (лампа накаливания).