Past Simple or Present Perfect. Exercises.
Упражнение 1. Fill in last night, ever, ago, just, yet, always in the right place.
1. Nick’s uncle went to Russia 3 years. 2. Mr. Rambler has come back from Belarus.
3. Nick has wanted to visit Belarus. 4. Mr. Rambler saw Yan. 5. Have you been to England?
Упражнение 2. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. Maria (get) ______ some bad news last week. 2. I (change) ______ my job three times last year. 3. The weather was hot and dry for many weeks. But two days ago it (rain) ______.
4. Tom (break) ______ his leg five days ago. He’s in hospital. 5. Are you going to finish your work before you go to bed? — I (finish) ______ it (already). I (finish) ______ my work two hours ago. 6. I (have, just) ______ a nice pot of coffee. Would you like a cup? 7. I (see, not) ______ Steve this morning yet. 8. I (go) ______ to Paris in 2003 and 2006. 9. Don’t throw the paper away because I (not to read) ______ it yet. 10. I (be) ______ never to Italy.
3.Переведите предложения с русского на английский, используя Present Perfect или Past Simple Они никогда не встречались раньше. Я только что приготовил кофе, будешь? Генри отправил письмо своим родителям на прошлой неделе. Он еще не получил ответ. Я потерял телефон вчера.
4Fill in the blanks with Do or Does. Make sure you use capital letters.
1. you like hockey? 2. she have a cat? 3. they want a drink? 4. your mother work? 5. Raymond have a bicycle? 6. your teachers give you homework? 7. the children live in the city? 8. we need our books? 9. the radio play music? 10. Tom like his new car?
3. It’s the first time I (be) ______ on a ship.
4. Ann is looking for her key. She can’t find it. She (lose) ______ her key.
5. How many symphonies Beethoven (compose) ______?
6. Look! Somebody (spill) ______ ink on the notebook.
7. You (have) ______ a holiday this year yet?
8. You (see) ______ any good films recently?
9. He (have, not) ______ any problems since he (come ) ______ here.
Упражнение 8. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Present Perfect
1. I (cut) ______ some flowers from my garden yesterday. I (cut) ______ lots of flowers from my garden so far this summer.
2. I (not / see) ______ Tom lately.
3. The artist (draw) ______ a picture of sunset yesterday. She (draw) ______ many pictures of sunsets in her lifetime.
4. I (feed) ______ birds at the park yesterday. I (feed) ______ birds at the park every day since I (lose) ______ my job.
5. Ann (wake up) ______ late and (miss) _______ her breakfast on Monday.
6. I (forget) ______ to turn off the stove after dinner. I (forget) ______ to turn off the stove a lot of times in my lifetime.
7. The children (hide) ______ in the basement yesterday. They (hide) ______ in the basement often since they (discover) ______ a secret place there.
8. The baseball player (hit) ______ the ball out of the stadium yesterday. He (hit) ______ a lot of homeruns since he (join) ______ our team.
9. We first (meet) ______ in 2001. So we (know) _______ each other for 8 years.
Упражнение 9. Put the verbs in brackets in the Past Simple or in the Present Perfect.
1. She (change) ______ a lot since she left school.
2. I (see) ______ this film and I don’t want to see it again.
3. Jazz (originate) ______ in the United States around 1900.
4. Tom Hanks (win) ______ an Oscar several times already.
5. Long ago, they (build) ______ most houses out of wood.
6. Scientists still (not/find) ______ a cure for cancer.
7. Sean (eat, never) ______ Chinese food before.
8. In my first job, I (be) ______ responsible for marketing.
9. The last job I (apply) ______ for required applicants to speak some Japanese.
10. The first modern Olympics (take) ______ place in Athens more than a hundred years ago.
11. I am writing in connection with the advertisement which (appear) ______ in December.