Предложения с оборотом THEREIS/THERE ARE. Употребление распространенных предлогов
Памятка. Речевые обороты.
There is There are
(находИтся 1 предмет) (находЯтся 2 и предметов)
Помогают рассказать о местонахождении предмета в пространстве.
Схема построение утвердительного предложения.
1 часть 2 часть 3 часть 4 часть
Речевой оборот Предмет(ы) Предлог места Место
There is a cat on the sofa
There are cats under the table
Утверждение + Отрицание - Вопрос ?There is a sofa in the room. There is no sofa in the room. Is there a sofa in the room?
There are books on the desk. There are no books on the desk. Are there books on the desk?
on – на… to the right of – справа от…
in – в… to the left of – слева от…
under – под… above – над…
near – около… next to – следующий за…
Teacher: Let us match the English words and their meanings:
Amiable, communicable, fair, faithful, straightforward, frank, honest, just, merciful, sincere, sympathetic, reliable, open, outspoken, trustful, trusting, sociable, ingenuous, affectionate, gentle, tender, flexible, mild, genial, humane, good-natured, kind, friendly, noble.
Дружелюбный, справедливый, верный, коммуникабельный, откровенный, искренний, честный, справедливый, милосердный, искренний, чувственный, надёжный, открытый, прямой, правдивый, доверчивый, общительный, бесхитростный, любящий, мягкий, нежный, гибкий, мягкий, сердечный, гуманный, добродушный, добрый, дружелюбный, благородный.3. Teacher: Let us work in pairs. Read short characteristics of a good friend and say if you agree with them or not.
A good friend…
• supports you in all situations
• defends you
• appreciates your advice
• cheers you up
• cares about your feelings
• is good at listening
• keeps her (his) promise
• keeps her (his) secrets
• never tells you lies
• always tells you the truth
• forgives you for being rude or unfair
• never goes out with somebody else
• never betrays you
4. Teacher: What is a real friend like? Discuss in pairs when and why you need friends.
5. When I am happy…
6. When I am stressed…
7. When I am tired…
8. When I have problems with my parents…
9. When I am betrayed…
10. When I need support…
…I ask for advice
…I rely on her (him)
… I speak about life
…I listen to music
…I share my interests
…I get support from him
… I enjoy life
4. Teacher: Let us work in groups of three or four. How do you understand these words?
• A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
• A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. (Fr. Jerome Cummings)
• A real friend is one who walks in, when the rest of the world walks out. (Walter Winchell)
• A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your successes. (Doug Larson)
• Friendships are fragile things, and require as much handling as any other fragile and precious thing. (Randolph S. Bourne)• Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends. (Virginia Woolf)
• True friendships consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and value. (Ben Jonson)
• Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What? You, too? Thought I was the only one”. (C. S. Lewis)
• Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing. (Elie Wiesel)
Friendship and my best friend
According to the dictionary friendship is a feeling and behaviour that exist between people, but what these feelings are and what this behaviour is everyone should decide for himself. I consider that friendship is a gift from the God. that's why I highly appreciate it. I think it is hard to find a close friend because people are unique creatures of nature, all of them have their own habits, opinions and judgments which differ from others.
It makes sense to say that friendship can be compared to a tree. Its seed should find good soil and under favourable conditions it will grow into a tree. As the years go by the tree stands firmer and firmer on the ground and if it is strong enough it will survive all the storms and winds, but to help it we should take care of it and love it.
In my opinion lucky are the people who have real friends. As for me I'm happy to have lots of friends, some of them are close, some are less, but all of them make my life interesting and enjoyable and I can't imagine my life without them, because friendship means very much for me. Being friends means making allowances for the other person's faults, being tolerant to each other moods. The most important thing about friends for me is being able to share secrets, to tell each other your problems and share your worries, to help each other out.
I'm sure you will agree that nowadays there are various ways of acquaintance. Some people make friends when they are in guests or on weddings, others prefer to find friends with the help of newspapers or the Internet. Somebody can get acquainted with his future friend when he even doesn't expect it, for example, when he simply walks in a park or goes anywhere by public transport.
What about me I have known my best friend Natasha almost all my life, but 1 can never forget our first meeting. It was in summer when our families decided to rest in the south together. When we drove up to their house my attention was attracted by a little tidy girl in a rose dress, who was sitting to squat and playing with her long blond curl, but I can't say that my first impressions were the same as my opinion about her now, because meeting people for the first time we always make a judgment based on their appearance though the proverb tells us not to make such a mistake. At first she seemed to me so correct, obedient and shy that I didn't like her, but when we began to communicate closer I understood I was mistaken. I think it makes sense to say that when we returned home we were loyal friends.
I believe that friendship should be sincere and. In my opinion your friend should be attentive to you, he or she should be reliable, honest and he or she should trust you, because, I think, trust probably the most important feeling that exists between friends, but it never appears by itself, it is the result of a long friendship.
As for our friendship, I'm sure it is strong enough because we trust each other as ourselves, we always share the same joys and troubles together and we support each other at difficult times. And it goes without saying that I like Natasha with all her positive and negative features of character and admire her a lot.