Урок по теме "Решение конфликтных ситуаций в подростковой среде" в 8 классе
учителя английского языка Кравцун Н.В.
Цель урока: Развитие речевых умений учащихся по теме урока
Развивающий аспект – развитие навыков самостоятельного сбора и обобщения информации, развитие творческих способностей учащихся;
Учебный аспект – совершенствование умений монологической и диалогической речи, развитие умений аудирования и письма;
Воспитательный аспект – формирование потребности и способности понимать чужую точку зрения, выражать свою точку зрения, воспитание уважения к изучаемому языку.
Оборудование: аудио средства, плакаты, карточки с заданиями, учебные пособия.
I. Организационный момент
– Dear students, I am glad to see you at our English lesson. What new books have you read? What places have you been to? What is new in your lives? Is there anything that has troubled you this week?
II. Введение темы урока1. Today we are going to talk about teenagers' problems and conflicts and find some ways how to solve problems and resolve conflicts that modern teenagers have. You'll share your points of view on this theme.
– What is the difference between a problem and a conflict?
– A conflict is more serious than a problem. It is more difficult to resolve a conflict and it takes more time, much effort and personal strength.
– What kinds of conflicts do you know?
– Conflicts with parents, with friends, at school, with society's norms and rules.
2. Фонетическая зарядкаAt first we are having some phonetic exercises. Look at the words on the blackboard and read them after me, please.
have /cause/solve a problem quarrel-quarrelling
prevent/avoid/resolve a conflict argue-argument
trust people agree-disagree
respect rights violence-violent
observe rules by peaceful means
III. Проверка домашнего задания. Монологическая речь– Your home task was to prepare a project on the topic " Problems of British Teenagers" and to conduct a survey among the pupils of our school on the problems that worry them. It is a group work. Now we can see the products of your work and listen to your talks.
(The pupils present their projects. The posters with pictures, short texts are placed on the blackboard.)
IV. Активизация лексического материала. Диалогическая речь
1. There are 3 main groups of conflicts: at home, at school, with friends. Now we are going to listen to how the teenagers talk to each other and try to resolve some conflicts. Some of you have cards with phrases and you should make your dialogues. Other students have a task to use the words in the gaps. (They have cards too.)
(The students role play the 3 dialogues.)
(The other students read their texts.)
2. Now, please, answer the question:
– What problems and conflicts do YOU have?
(The students, in turns, tell the class about their problems.)
3. It's time to talk about the ways of solving your problems. Answer the question:
– How can teenagers cope with their problems?
– Teenagers should get along with their parents, help and understand them.
spend more time with parents and relatives.
try to control what they do and say.
observe the law of co-existence.
respect other people's rights.
– Teens should follow the rules of behavior at home, at school, in public places.
spend their spare time with benefit for themselves.
– Teens should ask for psychological help.
ask grown ups for help and follow their advice.
– Teenagers shouldn't quarrel with other people and should avoid conflicts with them.
– We shouldn't shout at each other.
– They shouldn't show off.
– They mustn't be aggressive and bully other people.
– They mustn't use dirty language.
– Thank you for your ideas. I am sure; you'll be able to find a way from a difficult situation.
4. Now you deserve a short rest.
V. Развитие умений аудирования
1. Now it's time to listen to the conversations about some conflict situations in the families. Open your books on page 125 ex. 76, please. Read the questions and get ready to answer them. (The students do the exercise.)
– What caused the conflicts in the families?
– Who started the conflicts?
– Are these conflicts typical?
VI. Развитие умений письма
The last thing for you to do today is to give your pieces of advice on some certain problem or some conflict. You've got pieces of paper with situations written on them. You have your own problem. When you are ready, read your notes to us and place it on the stand.
1. If I have problems at school and miss classes, I should …..
2. If my parents don't understand me and don't listen to me, I should ….
3. If I have arguments with my friends, we should …..
4. If your parents don't allow you go out with your friends late, you should …..
5. If your parents make fuss about silly things, you should …..
6. If parents don't approve their children's friends, they should …..
7. If your brother or sister doesn't observe the low of co-existence, you should ….
8. If children ignore their parents, they should …..
9. If parents have too many responsibilities at home, their children should …..
10. If children don't obey their parents, the parents can …..
11. If we have nobody to talk to, we can …..
12. If someone bullies your friend, you should ….
VII. Заключительный этап
1. Домашнее задание.
Your home task is ex. 91 p. 130. Think of a conflict situation. Describe the situation and people in it. Say, if it was resolved or it was not.
2. Подведение итогов.
– Now we are making the conclusion of our serious work at this lesson. You'll agree with me that our life is full of problems and conflicts of different sorts. But we cannot be happy and successful if we don't know how to solve different problems and we don't want to find ways out of difficult situations. It's very important to have people that we can rely on and who can give us help and support.
I thank you for your creative and fruitful work. Your marks are" good" and "excellent".Good bye.
Урок подготовлен по материалам:
1. Учебник "Enjoy English" М.З. Биболетовой для 8 класса.
2. Рабочая тетрадь к учебнику "Enjoy English" для 8 класса.
3. Аудио запись к учебнику.
4. Журнал "Speak Out" № 6 2006, № 5 2004.
Dialogue 1. School problem.
You know, my friend Ann has got a serious problem at school.
What's the matter? Is it really so troubling?
She has missed a lot of classes on history and now the teacher invites her parents to school.
Ann doesn't like History, does she?
No. She can't do all her homework and it is difficult for her to do tests. It causes problems.
I agree, that it is a serious problem. Do Ann's parents punish her?
I think they do. But Ann and her parents can solve this problem peacefully.
I'm sure that Ann's teachers will understand her and help her prevent other conflicts.
Dialogue 2. Problem at home.Hello, you look upset. Have you got a problem?
Yes, I cannot use my computer this week.
Is it broken?
No. My father has punished me. He doesn't allow me to play games and chat with friends.
I think he has some reasons to do it.
He says, I don't do anything about the house, argue with my mother and quarrel with
my elder sister.
Not only you don't like house work. I often have to help about the house .That's life. My grandfather advises me to avoid quarrels and resolve conflicts by peaceful means.
You should appreciate his advice.
Dialogue 3. Problem with a friend.I'm glad to see you today, Mary.
So am I. But I feel down.
What is the reason ?Yesterday we wanted to go to the library together, but you didn't come.
I'm very sorry. My cousin had 2 tickets to the theatre. She invited me to go.
And you couldn't inform me, could you ?I couldn't. My mobile phone was not with me. Can you forgive me ?Certainly. We can solve this problem. It is very good that you don't tell me lies.
We are friends , and we should understand and respect each other.
Use the words. 1
I don't like (1)….. and conflicts. I try to (2) ….. them. It is my character which often (3)….. conflicts in my family. My parents say that I (4) ….. lies. To put if frankly, I don't always inform my parents about bad test results. It's not because I want to escape (5) ….. . I don't want to (6) ….. their feeling. My parents (7) ….. a quiet evening after a long working day. And then I'll have to invent a new method of (8) ….. serious conflicts.
tell, deserve, quarrels, resolving, avoid, punishment, causes, hurt
Use the words. 2
When people (1) ….. with each other, they may have conflicts. Conflicts happen when people have different ideas or (2)….. . It's not always possible to (3) ….. conflicts. But we can (4) ….. conflicts by 5) ….. means. We must try to resolve conflicts peacefully, because conflicts can lead to (6) ….. or bad (7) ….. between people.
resolve, relations, disagree, peaceful, values, violence, prevent
Use the words.3
Teenagers make their parents crazy. Some of them dye their hair with (1) ….. colours, others (2) ….. clothes that (3) …… their parents. They want to have their (4) ….. stereos, mobile phones and (5) ….. . Those adults, who are (6) ….. now, fought with their own parents about clothes and (7) ….. . (8) ….. have fought with their parents since time began.
teenagers, amazing, televisions, wear, parents, shock, lifestyles
Make up dialogue 1 "Problem at school" using these phrases.
– ……… has got a serious problem ……
– ………. Is it really troubling?
– ………. the teacher invites … parents to school.
– ….. doesn't like ….
– ………. It causes problems.
– ………. Do … parents punish ….?
– ……….. can solve this problem peacefully.
– ………... understand… and help prevent other conflicts.
Make up dialogue 2 "Problem at home " using these phrases.
– ………. Have you got a problem?
– ………. cannot use ………
– Is it …..?
– ……….. has punished me…… doesn't allow me…..
– ……… has some reasons to do it.
– …………… argue with ….and quarrel with …..
– ……..have to help about the house too.
– …….. advises me to avoid quarrels and ………by peaceful means.
– ….. appreciate his advice.
Make up dialogue 3 "Problem with a friend" using these phrases.
– …. glad to see you….
– ……… But I feel down.
– …… the reason?– …….. to go to the library together, ……..
– I'm very sorry. ………
– And you couldn't ……..
- …….. Can you forgive me?
– ………. solve this problem.
– ……… you don't tell me lies.
– ………… should understand and respect each other