ГОУ «Новоселенгинская школа-интернат
среднего (полного)общего образования»
“Problems of the Environment.”(Урок в 8 классе)
Подготовила Очирова З.Э.
Учитель английского языка 1К
“Problems of the Environment.”
(Урок в 8 классе)
Цели и задачи урока:
Развивающие – развитие мышления, творческой фантазии, инициативы в осуществлении иноязычной речевой деятельности; способности осуществлять продуктивные речевые действия; развитие межпредметной связи с предметом «Экология»;
Воспитательные – формирование у школьников любви и уважительного отношения к природе;
Учебные – совершенствование лексических навыков устной речи, аудирования, чтения; контроль умений и навыков учащихся вести беседу, высказывать свое мнение по теме.
Оборудование урока: репродукции, картинки, изображающие красоту природы и карикатуры, аудиозапись, проектор, экран. (Приложение №1 –слайды к уроку.)
1. Приветствие. Цели урока: (Слайд № 1,2,3)
Dear friends! Today we are going to have a talk and discuss the problems of the environment.
2. Фонетическая зарядка. ex. № 38 p. 50. (Слайд № 4)
Listen to the words and compare them with the Russian words.
Million, a ton, a kilogram, plastic, polythene, metal, cigarette, packet, supermarket, farm, industry, factory, ecology, planet, international, problem, computer, chance, climate, container. 3. Речевая зарядка. ex. № 39. Read the word combinations and create your own sentences with them.
1. It is prohibited to throw the litter away out of windows.
2. Some products are recyclable.
3. We read newspapers made of recycled paper.
4. There isn’t a recycling centre in our town.
5. We must drop litter into the bins only.
6. There are some words to call litter. For example, they are rubbish and garbage.
7. Every day many people buy packed and unpacked goods in the shops.
8. It is very dangerous to throw the packaging away.
9. Everyone can protect the nature.
10. Don’t buy drinks in plastic bottles. Buy the cans of drinks.
4. Проверка домашнего задания. № 40 р. 50-51
Tell each other what you have learnt from the text.
I have learnt that (по 10 фраз из каждого текста)
5. Развитие навыков устной речи.
I. 1) ex. 42.p. 51 Find words or word combinations in the text:
a) which have a similar meaning to the following: (Слайд №5)
Litter – rubbish, garbage
to get rid of – to throw away
to make – to create
the packaging – container
to save – to protect
to damage – to destroy
terrible – horrible
b) which have the opposite meaning to the following: (Слайд № 5)
to look worse – to look better
to destroy – to create – to save
dirty – clean - fresh
impossible – possible
to remember – forget
fortunately - unfortunately
cheap – expensive
II. Our planet is a beautiful place to live in. (Слайд № 6)
But now our planet is in danger!
Look at these pictures. We can see the footprints of people’s presence in different places of our planet.
- What can you tell about them?(примерные ответы учащихся)
(Слайд № 7)
1. The rivers, lakes, seas and oceans are polluted by plants and factories. The rivers, lakes, seas are now empty of fish. And in some rivers you can see sick foam caused by chemical waste.
(Cлайд № 8)
2. The country air, once clean and fresh, now is polluted by factories and power stations.
3. All over the world the forests are disappearing. People cut the trees down because they need wood and paper or new places for farms and houses.
(Слайд № 10, 11, 12)
4. Out of cities and villages we can see the pollution around us. At the seaside, on the beaches there is a lot of litter. Some of it was left by people and some was brought by the water.
III. Look here!
/Разыгрывается сценка «На отдыхе»/
Входит мальчик (Р1). В руках у него магнитофон. Звучит громкая музыка. Мальчик вызывающе ведет себя. Он срывает листья с деревьев, ломает ветки, пинает ногой цветы, целится из рогатки в птиц. Выбирает место и разводит костер. К мальчику подходят двое ребят из общества «Друзья планеты» (Р2, Р3). Начинается разговор.
Р2: Who are you? What are you doing here?
P1: I'm on my way home from school. It's one of the last days of the term. The weather is so nice that I decided to have a picnic in the grove.
P3: You left all your rubbish on the ground. There are bits of glass from your bottles of juice.
P2: Flowers have been pulled out. Animals are frightened. Trees are broken. The fire is burning. The air is polluted.
P1: The forest is big. There are lots of places for others to have a rest. I am going to relax and have a good time. It is so noisy and dirty in the city.
IV. (Обсуждается просмотренная ситуация. Учащиеся высказывают свое мнение, спорят, приводят аргументы в защиту своей позиции.)- What can you say about this situation?(примерные ответы учащихся)
Р4: The boy wants to relax after a hard working day. But it is impossible to do it in a noisy city, so he decided to camp in the forest.
P2: But he left the camp-fire burning near a heap of dry leaves, this often causes a forest fire. Have you ever seen a forest destroyed by fire?
P3: That's an awful thing to see. Campers must always remember to put out their camp-fire and cover the place with earth. It is the duty of every camper to take the greatest care not to start a forest fire.
P4: I fully agree with you. The forests are in danger. The forests are disappearing fast not only because of fires. Every day we use paper and cardboard made from wood. Every year huge forests are cleared for different uses.
P5: You are quite right. If we go on like this, before long all the forests on this planet may be destroyed.
P6: By the way, some medicines come from trees and from plants and flowers which grow in the forest. Every one of us must know how important it is to care for our great forests and save them from harm.
- Do people pollute the environment only?
1. No, they don’t. We live among litter and wastes which we have created ourselves – fumes of cars, throw away packaging.
2. People don’t just pollute the environment. We pollute ourselves. People pollute themselves with cigarettes, alcohol and junk food
But now we are going to read and talk about rubbish problem.
6. Развитие лексико-грамматических навыков чтения и говорения. (Слайд № 12)
Read the text.
LITTER IS A PROBLEM IN OUR TOWN.
Litter is garbage - like food, paper and cans - on the ground or in the street. Where many people live together, litter is a problem. People don't always put their garbage in the garbage can. It's easier to drop a paper than to find a garbage can for it. But litter is ugly. It makes the city look dirty, and it spoils the view.
The wind blows papers far away. Often they are difficult to catch. When they blow against a building, they stay there. This building is a wall of garbage.
Many countries have recycling centres in many places, but there isn’t any recycling centre in our town. And we have to throw our litter away. So we are litterbugs.
Some people want to control litter. They never throw litter themselves, and sometimes they work together in groups to clean up the city especially in the summer. In most countries litter is against the law. I think the law must punish (наказывает) people who throw garbage on the streets in our town. But they don’t even pay a fine for that.
I. Ask and answer the questions
Model: Litter is a problem in our cities.
First student: Is litter a problem in our cities?
Second student: Yes, it is. /No, it isn’t.
The people usually pay a fine.
F. s. Do they pay a fine?
S. s. Yes, they do. / No, they don’t.
1 Litter is ugly.
2. Papers are difficult to catch.
3. This building is a wall of garbage.
4. Litter is against the law.
5. People don't always put their garbage in the garbage cans.
6. Litter makes the city look ugly.
7. Litter spoils the view
8. The wind blows papers faraway.
9. Many countries have recycling centres in many places.
10. There isn’t any recycling centre in our town.
II. Give short answers to the following questions. Use adverbs of frequency (always, usually, often, sometimes, occasionally, never) in your answers.
1. Do you ever throw litter on the ground? No, I never do. Yes, I sometimes do.
2. Do you always throw garbage in the garbage can?
3. Do you usually help clean up the litter?
4. Does litter always spoil the view?
5. Does the wind often blow papers away?
6. Do litterbugs usually pay a fine?
7. Do you usually throw litter on the ground?
8. Do people ever want to control litter?
9. Do you sometimes help to clean up litter?
10. Do we have to throw our litter away?
III. Match the words on the left with the definitions on the right.
1) litter a) a special can for garbage
2) garbage can b) garbage on the ground or in the street
3) fine c) everything that a person can see
4) control d) to manage or to stop
5) view e) a number of people
6) group f) money people pay as punishment
IV. And what about you and your family?
Answer the questions.
- What does you family do with the rubbish?
- Who takes the rubbish out?
- Does your mum ask you to take it out or do you do it yourself? (Sasha. And you, Lena? And you
- When do you do it? (Sasha. And you, Lena? And you Nick?)
- How often do you take the rubbish out? (Sasha. And you, Lena? And you Nick?)
- What kind of rubbish do you take out?
- What happens to that rubbish then? Special services take it to the landfill.I hope people recycle it.
- What is recycling? (примерные ответы учащихся)
1. Recycling is when we make new products out of used products. For example, after you use a bottle, you should bring it to a recycling centre. Then the glass from the bottle is used to make new glass products.
- Where can you learn about recycling?
2. I can learn about it at Ecology lessons. But I have learnt about it at one of our English lessons.
– Is recycling important?
3. Yes, it is. It is very important.
- Why do you think so?
4. When we recycle we help our environment.
- What do you mean?
5. I suppose litter is not only ugly, but it can be harmful to wildlife. Some rubbish is never decomposed, others take many years for this.
- You are right. Look at the screen and tell us what you can do with any rubbish? (Слайд №13)
1. We can reuse some rubbish.
2. We can make some useful things.
- What do you mean?
3. For example, this beautiful thing is made of the plastic bottle covers and old sweater.
4. This souvenir is made of the shampoo bottle cover and a piece of wire.
5. This vase is made of plastic bottle.
6. And this flag holder is made of the three toilet paper rolls.
7. Итоги урока. Оценки.
We have already spoken about the environment problems on our planet and in our town. They are great. And we have to help our town and our planet to solve these problems.
You have worked well and I give you the next marks:
Thanks for your work.