Аттестационный материал для зачета (3 курс, 2 семестр)
по дисциплине «Английский язык»
специальность «Сестринское дело»
1. Open the brackets and put the verbs into the proper tense form:
1.When the blood … from a vein it… dark red (to flow, to be).
2.Last year they …their practice in the hospital (to have).
3. Tomorrow we …Physiology (to have).
4. My granny …her blood pressure every day (to check).
5. We … proud of our uniform (to be).
2. Make up questions:
1.The doctor examines his patients every morning (When…?)
2. The weather is fine ( What…?).
3. The injured person complains of the pain in his leg (Does…?).
4. The patient follows the prescriptions of the doctor (Who…?).
5. Some patients are administered a bed regimen (What…?).
3. Put the proper verbs in Passive Voice:
1. The surgeon usually performs operations in the morning.
2. The physician examined his patients yesterday morning.
3. We study Latin at the Medical School.
4. The teacher returned to us our textbooks.
5. Our students carry out many experiments.
4. Choose the proper words:
At the (1)…department life begins early (2)…. The nurses on duty (3)… the patients temperature, give them (4)… and (5)… injections, take (6)…for analysis and give all the (7)… drugs. Patients are not allowed to take the (8)… themselves, because some drugs are (9)….The overdosage of drugs may cause (10)….Some patients are administered (11)…, others are allowed (12)….
a- medicines, b- intramuscular, c- in the morning, d- to walk, e- death, f- intravenous, g- in-patient, h- prescribed, i- poisonous, j- bed regimen, k- stomach juce, l- take.
5. Choose the names of medicines from the text: a)- colds, b)- light injured, c)- articles of personal consumption:
At the chemists you can get patent medicines of all kinds: (1)ampules of glucose and camphor for injections,(2) different pills,(3) tablets and powders, (4) cough mixtures, (5) heart drops, (6) nasal drops, (7) vitamins, (8) cod liver oil, (9) ointments, (10) sleeping draughts, 11) laxatives, (12) sedatives, (13) bandages, (14) adhesive plasters, (15) mustard plasters, (16) bottles of iodine.
You can also buy (17) hot-water bottles, (18) medicine droppers (19), ice-bags, (20) sponges, (21)tooth-brushes and (22) tooth pastes, (23) soap and many other useful things.
6. Make up a dialogue:
a- Yes, that’s fine.
b-Thank you very much.
c- Well , I d like to see the doctor today.
d- Certainly. What is the problem?
e- Mm…How about 4.30 at this afternoon?
f- Id like to make an appointment to see the doctor, please.
g- Oh, dear.Bad luck. Mm…Is three o clock on Friday all right?
h- I have a pain in my chest.
7.Choose the words and word combinations : a)- family history, b)-past history:
The information about (1) the patients parents, (2) the disease in childhood (3) the diseases in adult age, (4) of what causes parents died, , (5) patients operations, (6) traumas, (7) the patients blood group, (8) his sensitivity to antibiotics, (9) if any of the family had tuberculosis, (10) if any of the family had any mental or emotional impairments, (11) at what age parents died.
Эталоны ответов ( зачет)
1- flows, is, 2- had, 3- will have, 4- checks, 5- are.
1- When does the physician examine his patients?
2. What is the weather?
3. Does the injured person complain of the pain?
4- Who follows the prescription of the doctor?
5- What are patients administered?
1- are performed, 2- were examined,3- is studied, 4- were returned, 5- are carried.
1- g, 2- c, 3- l, 4- b, 5- f, 6- k, 7- h, 8- a, 9- i, 10- e, 11- j, 12- d.
a)- 4, 6, 7, 15. b)-9, 10, 13, 14, 16, c)- 20, 21, 22, 23.
.-f, d, h, g, c, e, a, b.
-a)- family history- 1, 4, 9, 10, 11.
b)- past history - 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8.