Внеклассное мероприятие по английскому языку в 8 кл :«How well do you know Britain?»МБОУ «Мглинская СОШ №2»
Учитель: Евдокименко Юлия Александровна
Тема: How well do you know Britain?
Цель: обобщить знания учащихся о культуре страны изучаемого языка
Расширить знания учащихся о Великобритании.
Развивать грамматические и лексические навыки.
Развивать память, наглядно-образное мышление, внимание.
Поддерживать интерес к изучению английского языка.
Вступительное слово учителя
- Good morning, boys and girls and our guests! I’m very glad to see you at our game!
Today we’ll have the competition “How well do you know Britain?”. First of all let me introduce our teams and our jury. There are two teams here today. The competition consists of several tasks. So, we’ll work in two groups, each team should have a captain to coordinate your work. Your teams will compete and get points for your answers.
1) Работа с картой Великобритании.
Let’s look at the map and find where parts of Great Britain and their capitals are situated.
2) Рассказ о достопримечательностях Великобритании (домашнее задание)
Your task was to prepare stories about one of the sights of Great Britain. If you had an opportunity to go to Great Britain what would you like to see there and why? (выступают по 1 участнику из каждой команды)
I want you to answer the questions (команды по очереди отвечают на вопросы).
1. What is the capital of Great Britain?
2. What river is London situated on?
3. What islands form a group of the British Isles?
(Two large islands Great Britain and Ireland and many smaller ones)
4. What is the anthem of the country?
(“God Save the Queen”)
5. What is the official name of Great Britain?
(The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the UK))
6. What is the UK bounded by?
(The Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the Irish Sea and the English Channel)
7. How many parts does Great Britain consist of? What are they?
(Three parts. England Scotland and Wales)
8. What is the capital of Wales?
9. What is the highest mountain in Great Britain?
10. What is the longest river in Great Britain?
11. What is the flower symbol of Wales?
12. What is the flower symbol of England?
13. How many parts does London consist of? What are they?
(Four parts. The City, the East End, the West End and Westminster)
14. What is a famous stadium in England where football matches take place?
15. What is a popular name of the London Underground?
16. What is the name of a lake in Scotland in which a mysterious monster lives?
17.What is the political center of London?
18. What English cities are famous for their universities?
(Oxford and Cambridge)
19. What are the main colours of the Union Flag?
(blue, red and white)
20. Who was called “An Iron Lady?”
4) Кто? Что? Где?
Who? What? Where?
Identify these famous British people, events and places.
1. He and his “merry men” lived in Sherwood Forest. ( Robin Hood)
2. His monument stands in the center of Trafalgar Square. (Horatio Nelson)
3. Here many famous Englishmen are buried. (Westminster Abbey)
4. The Crown Jewels are kept here. (Tower)
5. An ideal place for sun-worshippers. (Stonehenge)
6. He wanted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. (Guy Fawkes)
7. A famous picture house in Trafalgar Square. ( The National Gallery)
8. 365 feet high and built by Christopher Wren. (St Paul’s Cathedral)
9. This lady was the queen of Great Britain in 1837-1911. ( Queen Victoria)
10. The English author known as the Queen of Crime. (Agatha Cristie)
11. The name Julius Caesar gave to Great Britain. (Albion)
5) Письменные задания.
1) You’ll have some minutes to think about the way of making sentences using these words and write down as many sentences as you can on the topic «Great Britain».
Monument, square, place, capital, queen, bridge, build, tall, palace, tourist
2) Unscramble these cities or places. The first letter is capitalized. With the numbered letters, fill in the spaces to get the message bellow.
t i n B a i r 1 _ _ _ _ _ _
e r v e S n _ _ _ _ _ 5
r c a n e t M e h s _ _ _ _ 3_ _ _ _ _
n P i r a t a m e l _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 2 _ _
g a l G w o s _ _ _ 7_ _ _
m e r s W e t n i s t _ _ _ 8 _ _ _ _ _ _ _
l t a S d o c n _ _ 4 _ _ _ _ _
n a r d I l e _ _ 4 _ _ _ _
6) Конкурс капитанов.
The captains should make up as many words as they can from this word combination “Parliament Square”
Подведение итогов мероприятия.
-Now it’s time to finish our competition. So the final score is… Let’s congratulate the winners. It’s a prize for you. Thank you for the game. Thanks to our jury for their work. Good bye!