Travelling and Transport ( the 5 th form)
1. Phonetic drill
[x] - travel, fantastic, transport, catch, platform
[ei] - stay, plane, train, railway station, straight, сhange
[A] - bus, luggage, comfortable
[J] - seaside, cheap, feel, weak
[Qi] - fly, find, arrive
[Fq] - airport
[A ] - fast, last, half
[i] - ticket, ship, wind, miss, single
[u] - through train
2. Arrange these words into 3 groups.
Nouns ( n) Verbs ( v) Adjective (adj)
3. Find the odd word.
tram, taxi, plane, railway station
take, go by , luggage, get off
comfortable, bus, fantastic, cheap
airport ,miss, stay, change
a through train, wind, ticket, railway station
4. Listen to the dialogue and fill in the words from the table.
5. Let us speak( Choose your own variant )
1. I prefer to travel by …
2. My family often travel by … or by …
3. We have visited …
4. Last summer/autumn/winter/spring I had a trip/journey to …
5. We travelled by …
6. We had a lot of/little luggage.
7. We took a taxi to get to the railway station/airport.
8. Everything was cool: we saw new places/ met new friends/played games/ate a lot of tasty things/ swam in the river.