1. Some people say that fast food has a bad effect on our health.
2. Some people say that genetically modified food is hazardous to health.
3. Some people think that there are many benefits of being a vegetarian.
4. Some people think that organic food is healthier than conventional food.
5. Some people believe that the only way to lose weight is following a weight loss diet.
6. Some people think that we should eat at home.
7. Some people believe that it is important to look nice and to follow fashion.
8. Some people think that clothes help them show who they really are.
9. Some people think that schoolchildren should wear school uniforms.
10. Some people say that there should not be any rules about the clothes people can wear in the workplace.
11. Some people say that wearing fur is unacceptable.
12. Some people think that tattoos and piercing make them more attractive.
TRAVEL & TOURISM
13. Some people think that tourism ruins everything that it touches.
14. Some people say that school trips are beneficial for students.
15. Some people say ecotourism benefits the environment and local people.
16. Some people think that the best way to travel in a town or in a city is on foot.
17. Some people say that cars have improved our lives in a number of ways.
18. Some people say that travelling by plane is very convenient.
19. Some people say that taking public transportation is a convenient option for travelling.
20. Some people say that hitchhiking is the best way of travelling.
21. Some people say that travelling to exotic countries is an exciting experience.
22. Some people think that international travel has a lot of benefits.
23. Some people say that the best way to travel is by train.
24. Some people say that the best way to travel is by ship.
25. Some people choose to travel abroad to receive medical care.
FRIENDSHIP & LOVE
26. Some people say that having friends is important for everyone.
27. Some people think that you can have only one true friend.
28. Some people think that only those who have much in common can become friends.
29. Some people think that nothing can ruin a true friendship.
30. Many people think that love makes a person happy.
31. Some people think that jealousy is a very destructive emotion.
32. Some people think that only those who earn a lot of money can be happy.
33. Some people think that pocket money teaches teenagers to be responsible.
34. Some people say that making money with the Internet is reality.
35. Some people say that teenagers should work to earn money.
LEISURE TIME ACTIVITIES
36. Some people say that having a hobby is important for everyone.
37. Some people say that playing computer games is the best way to spend your free time.
38. Some people believe that teenagers should not be given too much free time.
39. Some people think that reading is a waste of time.
40. Some people think that collecting various things is a waste of time and money.
41. Some people say that online education is an excellent alternative to traditional education.
42. Some people think that homeschooling is an excellent alternative to traditional education.
43. Some people think that self-education is not very effective.
44. Some people think that if you want to get a good education, you should go abroad.
45. Some people think that boys and girls should study separately at different schools.
46. Some people think that the most important thing for a teacher is to make studying enjoyable for students.
47. Some school-leavers think that university is not for them and choose not to go.
48. Some people think that computers may replace teachers in the future.
49. Some people believe that exams are the best way to check the student’s knowledge.
50. Many people think that homework is essential for every student.
51. Some people believe that students should be allowed to choose the subjects they want to study.
52. Some people think that grades encourage students to learn.
53. Some people think that students will use computers instead of textbooks in the future.
54. Some people think that creativity is an essential ability which must be taught at school.
55. Some people think that punishment should be used in class to achieve discipline and to make students
WORK & CAREER
56. Some people say that having jobs can be of great benefit to teenagers.
57. Some people say that they would prefer to work at home.
58. Some people think that it is more important to get satisfaction from your work than to earn much money.
59. Some people think that in any occupation discipline is more important than talent.
60. Some people think that young people should follow in their parents’ footsteps when choosing a profession.
61. Some people change their jobs every few years.
62. Some people think that it is better to work abroad.
63. Some people believe that they will be successful and happy only if they work much.
64. At present, there is no difficulty in finding a good job.
65. Some people think that there is nothing worse than being unemployed.
66. Many people believe that it is important to develop teamwork in the workplace.
67. Some people prefer to work for themselves or to own a business.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
68. Some people think that modern technologies make life more convenient.
69. Some people say that cell phones have changed our lives for the better.
70. Some people say that using mobile telephones must be prohibited in school.
71. Some people believe that all teenagers should have a cell phone.
72. Some people think that the Internet has more drawbacks than advantages.
73. Some people think that children should spend less time surfing the Net.
74. Some people say that the Internet has improved the effectiveness of education.
75. Some people say that social networking sites offer considerable advantages.
76. Some people believe that there are real risks to dating via the Internet.
77. Some people think that online chatting cannot substitute for face-to-face communication.
78. Some people prefer writing traditional paper letters to using e-mail.
79. Some people think that cloning opens up new opportunities.
80. Some people are worried about computers and robots doing the same things that people can do.
81. Some people say that a virtual field trip can be a good alternative to a traditional field trip.
82. Some people say that the theatre is likely to disappear.
83. Some people think that graffiti is vandalism.
84. Some people believe that dancing can be of great benefit to children.
85. Some people believe that listening to music has good effects on everyone.
86. Some people think that rap music has a bad influence on teenagers.
87. Some people say that they are used to working or studying to the sound of music.
88. Some people think that watching movies is beneficial to everybody.
89. Some people are fond of 3D films.
90. Some people prefer watching a film version to reading a book.
91. Some people say that electronic books are going to replace paper books in the future.
92. Some people say that we do not need public libraries any more.
93. Some people say that reading detective stories is just a waste of time.
SPORTS, HEALTH & BEAUTY
94. Some people say that weight loss diets can be very harmful.
95. Some people say that it is important to exercise regularly.
96. Some people say that extreme sports are too risky.
97. Some people believe that children should be encouraged to go in for sports.
98. Some people dream of becoming professional athletes.
99. Some people say that one should go to a fitness club to be healthy and slim.
100. Some people think that surfing is rather risky.
101. Some people think that parkour is not for everybody.
102. Some people think that physical attractiveness is important for everyone.
103. Some people think that plastic surgery can help them to become more attractive and happier.
104. Some people prefer to have only one child.
105. Some couples choose not to have children.
106. Some people choose to build a family through adoptions.
107. These days, some people adopt children from overseas.
108. Some people believe that adult children should not live with their parents.
109. Some people think that couples should not marry young.
110. Some people say that it is wonderful to have a sibling.
111. Some people believe that grandparents should take an active part in their grandchildren’s upbringing.
112. Some people say that overpopulation is a major problem for the human race.
113. Some people think that stress can ruin one’s life.
114. Some people continue smoking in spite of all warnings.
115. Some people believe that the problems caused by gambling are very serious.
116. Some people say that capital punishment should be allowed.
117. Some people believe that the lives of the disabled are much easier nowadays.
118. Some people say that there is nothing better than watching TV.
119. Some people believe that watching TV can have harmful effects on children.
120. Some people think that reality TV shows are enjoyable and bring many benefits to the audience and the
121. Many people watch soap operas because they find them enjoyable and realistic.
122. Some people say that print media will disappear in the future.
123. Some people say that radio is not as popular as it used to be.
124. Some people say that shopping is interesting and enjoyable.
125. Some people say that shopping malls have advantages over small shops.
126. Some people say that our lives would be better if we bought fewer goods.
127. Some people say that online shopping is an excellent alternative to traditional shopping.
128. Many people say that it is important to recycle waste.
129. Some people believe that going green has a lot of benefits.
130. Some people prefer hybrid cars to traditional cars.
131. Some people think that there are many reasons to promote carpooling.
132. Some people say that modern teenagers are carefree.
133. Some people are worried about the strong influence of peer groups on teenagers.
134. Parents have many concerns about their teenagers dating.
135. Some parents think that teenagers should not be given much independence.
136. Some people believe that animals should not be taken from their natural surroundings and put into zoos.
137. Some people think that keeping exotic animals as pets is an interesting experience.
138. Some people think that keeping pets is a waste of time and money.
139. Some people object to animal testing.
140. Some people think that virtual pets can replace real pets.
141. Some people think there are a lot of benefits of living in a big city.
142. Some people believe that learning foreign languages is a waste of time.
143. Some people say that the English language should be learnt in England.
144. Many people dream of being famous someday.
145. Time management skills are important for success.
146. Some people do not care whether they buy pirated or legal CDs and DVDs.
147. Some people think it is important to be honest in any situation.
148. Some people say that ambitiousness is the key to success and happiness.
149. Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition.
150. Some people say that nonverbal messages improve communication.
Fast food restaurants like McDonald’s serve millions of people in more than 100countries each day. Fast food is very popular, especially among teenagers. Nevertheless, is such food healthy or should we avoid it? In my opinion, fast food does much harm to people’s health. Firstly, such food is low in protein, vitamins and minerals. Secondly, fast food contains a lot of cholesterol. Cholesterol causes the production of a fatty plaque that clogs the arteries, which can lead to a heart attack or a stroke. Thirdly, fast food is high in fat, sugar and calories and full of chemical additives. For example, a can of Coke contains about eight teaspoons of sugar and artificial sweeteners. People who are used to consuming several cans a day may suffer from diabetes, cancer and tooth decay.
On the contrary, many people like fast food because it is tasty, cheap and ubiquitous. Besides, fast food can be prepared and served very quickly, so going to fast food restaurants helps to save time and money. However, I still believe that we should avoid ‘junk’ food because those who like it are facing a serious problem threatening their health. They may become overweight or obese, which can lead to heart disorders and other health problems.
To sum up, the food choices we make every day affect our health. We should avoid food that is rich in cholesterol, added sugars, salt, and saturated fats. If we want to stay healthy and to be in good shape, we should choose healthy, balanced and well-apportioned meals.
Genetically modified foods have caused a lot of debate, scientific discussion, and media
coverage. Some people say that GM foods have many benefits, however, there are ecological
and human health concerns connected with GM foods. Are they safe or harmful to humans?
Personally, I believe that GM foods have several benefits. Firstly, producers of GM food
say that it has a number of advantages in terms of price, durability, and nutritional value.
Secondly, GM crops provide benefits to the environment through a reduction in the use of
pesticides. In addition, the recent rapid increase in human population has raised concerns
that we will not be able to provide everybody with food. People may need additional food
supplies, so GM foods may help to solve the world hunger problems.
Nevertheless, some people prefer to avoid GM food. They say there is a possibility that
GM foods may be harmful to humans. For example, introducing a gene into a plant may
create a new allergen. Others fear that we may encounter new diseases.
Anyway, I still believe that there is nothing to worry about. So far, there is no proof
that GM foods are bad for your health. Besides, as GM crops are faster and cheaper to grow,
it will be possible to increase production and lower the cost of food.
To conclude, scientists should continue studying possible side effects connected with
the consumption of GM foods. I think all countries must require GMO labelling, as
consumers should be free to choose whether to buy GM foods or not. Nonetheless, I feel that
there is no risk to human health.
These days, being a vegetarian is rather popular. Some people say that they are
thinking about becoming vegetarians because they want to become healthier and to live
longer. However, do vegetarian diets really benefit your health?
Personally, I believe that vegetarianism is not for everyone. Firstly, meat is very high
in protein, which your body needs in order to grow and remain strong and healthy. Secondly,
vegetarians often suffer from weakening of bones and depression. In addition, it must be
rather difficult to be a vegetarian because you have to make sure the food products you buy
do not contain ingredients derived from the slaughter of animals or ingredients not suitable
Nevertheless, some people think that it is cruel to eat animals. Apart from that, they
say that a properly planned vegetarian diet is good for your health and helps to prevent
certain diseases. Vegetarian diets offer lower levels of saturated fat, cholesterol and animal
protein and higher levels of carbohydrates, fibre and antioxidants.
Anyway, I still believe that people, especially children and teenagers, should eat meat
and fish because they are nourishing and contain vitamins that make us stronger. What ismore, many fruit and vegetables are harmful because they are full of pesticides.
To sum up, it is up to you to decide whether to become a vegetarian or not. You should
choose a diet that suits your personal health needs and body type. I think that a diet that
contains a sufficient amount of vitamins, minerals, and protein is better for your health.
The organic food market is growing rapidly. Many people are willing to pay more for
organic food. However, is it really worth the extra cost?
To my mind, buying organic food is a waste of your money. Firstly, organic products
cost 10 to 40% more than similar conventionally produced products. Secondly, there is no
significant difference between organic and conventionally grown food in terms of safety and
nutritional value. What is more, you cannot even taste the difference.
Nevertheless, a lot of people choose to buy organic food for various reasons. First of all,
organic foods are produced without using synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. They
do not contain neither chemical food additives nor genetically modified organisms. Secondly,
some people believe that organic farming is less damaging to the environment. Organic
farms use less energy and produce less waste.
Anyway, I cannot agree with the second point of view. I think that organic pesticides
are as damaging to the environment as synthetic pesticides. In addition, the increased land
needed to farm organic food could destroy the rain forest and wipe out many ecosystems in
To sum up, people should remember that the food choices they make every day affect
their health. Like any product, organic foods have both advantages and disadvantages; that
is why it is important to weigh up all the pros and cons. Personally, I believe that organic
food will hardly make us healthier, so there is probably no sense in buying it.
New weight loss diets are constantly coming out. Those who are overweight or obese
often follow weight loss diets, but they know very little about the possible consequences. The
question arises whether weight loss diets are really effective and good for your health.
Personally, I think that weight loss diets can damage your health. Firstly, they make it
hard to get the daily requirements of vitamins, minerals, and protein. Secondly, weight loss
diets can cause fatigue and weaken the body's immune system. What is more, dieting canresult in such eating disorders as anorexia or bulimia.
However, some people lower their caloric intake in order to get thinner. They are
convinced that it is possible to lose weight without going to the gym. Others are afraid that
they may suffer different injuries while exercising.
Anyway, I still believe that if you exercise regularly, you can eat whatever you want
because you are burning it all off. There will be no need to reduce the amount of food you eat,
and you will be in good shape and stay healthy.
To sum up, it is well known that carrying extra weight is dangerous because it puts
people at risk of developing many diseases, including diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
Nevertheless, not all weight loss diets are good, and only some of them are the right ones for
your personal health needs and body type. I believe that healthy weight loss results from
both diet and exercise.
Eating out is on the rise. Some people are too tired to prepare home-cooked meals at
the end of a long, busy day, so they choose to eat out. However, is it really a good idea to eatin a restaurant instead of at home?
I think there are many advantages of dining out. Firstly, at a restaurant you can try a
variety of dishes that are difficult to prepare at home. Secondly, restaurants can introduce
people to different cultures through food, music and decor. Thirdly, a restaurant is a good
place for dates and business deals. A lot of people go to restaurants to celebrate special
occasions, to get away from household chores and to focus on communication with family and
On the contrary, some people say that the healthiest meals are those that are cooked at
home because they contain less salt and fat than restaurant food. Those who eat at home
spend more time with their family members, which encourages family bonding. In addition,
eating out can make a big hole in your savings.
Anyway, I think that when people dine at home, they often eat quickly in order to
return to their household chores or work. Eating out gives a family the chance to prolong the
dinner hour and spend more time together. Besides, many restaurants today offer healthier
To conclude, eating at home is a challenge if a person has a very busy schedule. It may
be healthier and less expensive to cook your own meals. Nevertheless, dining out is a real
pleasure with a wide and tempting choice of menus and venues at affordable prices.