Итоговая контрольная работа
A. Complete the sentences with the following words
successful, solve, burglars, quiet, suddenly, tiring, scared, obey, a hammer and nails, bushes, isolated, extinct, creating, crowded, reserve, convenient
1. I don't mind the peace and __________ of the country, but I can't stand feeling __________ .
2. __________ public transport and __________ streets are very important to me.
3. The __________ are stealing things from people's houses.
4. Edinburg Castle is built on an __________ volcano.
5. The children were scared when they heard the noise coming from the __________ .
6. Penny was and the zoo and __________ she hears people screaming.
7. She can __________ the most mysterious crimes and put criminals behind bars.
8. How was your flight? - It was __________ .9. I'm __________ of spiders.
10. She's a __________ designer. She succeeds in making her own clothes and jewellers.
11. I'd like to __________ a place at your camp.
12. Swimming in the pool can be great but also very dangerous, so you must __________ the lifeguards.
13. Plushenko E. is the most __________ figure skater in Russia.
14. We are using __________ to build nesting boxes.
В. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form
1. Why __________ (he\arrive) so late last Monday?
2. __________ (you/ever/explore) a haunted mansion?
3. My parents __________ (cook) breakfast while I __________ (tidy) my room.
4. I _________ (take) the plane tomorrow morning.
5. Few minutes later he __________ (decide) to call the police and report about the incident.
6. If you _________ (study) hard, you __________ (pass) your exams successfully.
7. I'm sure our life __________ (be) very different in 2050.
С. Choose the correct response
1. Do you fancy coming with me?
a. No, I haven't b. Thanks, but I'm afraid I can't
2. Two tickets for King Kong at 6 pm, please.
a. I'm afraid it's sold out b. Here is your change
3.Try it on and see if it fits.
a. OK! Hang on a second b. Really? Thank you very much.
4. I hate reality shows. Can't we watch the news?
a. I suppose so. b. Sure, I really like documentaries
5. Can you help me send an e-mail?
a. No problem. First of all turn on your computer. b. Access your e-mail account.
6. Would you like to go on a picnic?
a. That sounds great! b. What's that all about?
7. Can you send me an e-mail with the details?
a. That's fine! b. Certainly.
8. I find sitting exams the most stressful.
a. Don't mention! b. I don't agree!
D. Read the conversation and choose the correct answer.
1. What happened to Max?
a. Max and his friends found a snake on the floor in the living room.
b. They saw a ghost on the second floor.
c. Max couldn't find his friend who vanished quietly.
- Hi, Max!
- Hi, John! You'll never guess what happened to me.
- Really? What was going on?
- My friends and i spent our last weekend in my uncle's big, old house in the country.
- That sounds great! But you look a little upset.
- I had quiet a shock!
- Really? Why?
- We were in the living room downstairs when we heard a loud noise from the second floor.
- What on earth was it?
- When we went upstairs we saw a long orange snake with black stripes on the floor and started shouting and screaming.
- Oh dear! Was anyone hurt?
- No! My uncle caught it quickly.
- Oh my goodness! You don't see that every day, do you?
- No, certainly don't!
2. What Eco-club has she joined?
a. Volunteers club b. Eco-helpers club
What has she been doing for a month and for a week?
a. She's been recycling cans and reading about ecology.
b. She's been collecting rubbish and building nesting boxes.
c. She's been watering flowers and teaching the cycle of life.
d. She's been planting trees and cleaning out a pond.
- Hi, Tim!
- Hi, Sally! What are you doing here?
- Oh, I've joined the Eco-helpers Club. I've been collecting rubbish for recycling in the park and I've been building nesting boxes.
- What else have you been doing?
- I've been planting trees and cleaning out ponds for a week.
- Your club sounds wonderful. I could join as well, couldn't I?
- Of course you could. We really need volunteers.
- Sounds great!