Test (Form 8, I term)
Put the words in brackets into the correct form.
I’m _____(bore) because the film is _____(bore).
I’m ______(interest) because the book is_____( interest).
I’m_______ (shock) because the news is_______(shock).
I’m________ (embarrass) because the situation is________ (embarrass).
I'm really ______(disappoint) by what you did.
The flight lasted for 8 hours, which was absolutely ______(exhaust)
Rewrite sentences using used to
Example: She was a Science teacher. She isn’t now. — She used to be a Science teacher.
1. Jim played in the team last year. He doesn’t play anymore.
2. I knew few famous people. Now many of them are my friends.
3. My granny enjoyed knitting. Now she prefers outdoor activities.
4. My skin looked pale in spring. Now I’m sun-tanned.
5. We didn’t have a dishwasher when I was little.
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
He ________ his job. (like)
We _____ you are busy today. (know)
_____you ______ in god? (believe)
_____ they ____ with my answer? (agree)
I am sorry but I _____ _______ (understand).
Fill in the gaps with don’t, doesn’t, isn’t, aren’t or am not.
1. We … watching a television programme now.
2. We … watch television every day.
3. It… raining very hard at the moment.
4. I … hear you well. 5. It… rain very much in summer.
6. Mr Johnson … eating his lunch now.7. Mr Johnson … always eat at that cafe.
8. I… see any students in that room.
9. They … like milk for lunch.
10. He … have money for a new car.