Тест по английскому языку - 8 класс.
Вставь правильный вариант ответа на место пропуска в предложении:
1. There was thick black …. .coming out of the burning building.
A) fog B) smoke C) smog
2. Ben said that he ……a great time in Paris the previous summer.
A) had had B) would have C) have had
3. What time does the train ………Liverpool?
A) arrive B) get C) reach
4. The burning of fossil fuels has a bad ………. on our environment.
A) drawback B) impact C) fault
5. This picture ……..at the beginning of the century.
A) was painted B) had painted C) painted
6. We ……..half the rubbish on the beach by the time Jeff arrived.
A) have cleaned B) had cleaned up C) had been cleaning up
7. It …..like the bus is running late. Let’s catch a taxi.
A) is looking B) has looked C) looks
8……….Bob gets paid soon, he will not be able to pay his bills.
A) If B) Unless C) When
9. Jane …….have cooked this delicious meal. She doesn’t even know how to boil an egg!
A) mustn’t B) shouldn’t C) can’t
10. Brian asked his new classmate where……….from.
A) did he come B) he came C) does he come
Прочитай текст и ответь на следующие вопросы
Carl Lewis was born on July 1. 1961 in Birmingham, Alabama. Introduced to track and field by his athletic parents, Lewis first broke the long jump record while in high school. In 1984, he returned home with 4 gold medals after his first Olympics. Later, participating in the Summer Olympics of 1988, 1992 and 1996, he won another 5 gold medals and a silver one. He was also named ‘ athlete of the year’ 3 years in a row by Track and Field magazine and ‘sportsman of the century’ by the International Olympic Committee.
Born October 14, 1952 in Vladimir, Nikolai Adrianov first signed up for gymnastic classes at the age of 11. Having difficulty balancing gymnastics and all that homework his teachers gave him, he almost quit, but Tolkachov, his coach, encouraged and helped him to go on trying. Between 1971 and 1980, he was at the top pf many international gymnastics competitions, including the World Championships. He participated in the 1972, 1976 and the 1980 Olympic Games in which he won 15 medals, the most a man has won in Olympic competition. In 2001 he was introduced into the International Gymnastics Hall of Fame.
Oksana Baiul was born in Ukraine on February 26, 1977. She began skating at the age of four and although orphaned at 13, she was cared for by her coach. When he left the country, she lived with her new coach, Galina Zmievskaya. At 15, Oksana won the World Figure Skating Championship and a couple of years later, participated in the 1994 Winter Olympics. She almost missed one of the competitions due to a warm-up accident. However, she was not severely injured and went on to win an Olympic gold medal.
Michael Gross was born as the best swimmer between the 1981 and 1988. Born in Frankfurt on June 17, 1964, people referred to him as “The Albatross” because of his extremely long arms. At the age of 19, Gross set his first world record, then set 4 world records in four different events over the next three years. He also won two world titles and four European titles. He competed in the Summer Olympics of 1984 and 1988 in which he won six medals. During the 1984 Olympics, his freestyle relay team was defeated by the Americans, earning the American tem the title of “Grossbusters”
Which of the athletes (A ,B, C or D)……..
Например: has a nickname? D
1. got first place in an Olympic event even after being hurt? ……..
2. was honoured by a publication and an athletic organization? ……..
3. had a problem managing their schedule? ……..
4. was pushed by their coach to continue their effort? ……..
5. and their team lost to a US team? ………
6. has won the most medals in Olympic history? ………
№ вопроса Один вариант ответа
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Часть 2
№ предложения Один вариант ответа
1 2 3 4 5 6